Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

NAZA-M Assistant software

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by aminklein, Mar 15, 2014.

1. aminklein

I'm planning on buying the Phantom FC-40, but have been first reviewing the online manual and the Assistant Software.

One of the possible adjustments in the software is described as "IMU calibration". This seems pretty complicated and technical to me. Are there already default settings on the FC-40, or do I have to set them? How would I know the settings?

I'm sure I'm missing something here. It can't be this complicated to set up the FC-40. Thanks

2. Big Ben

When you do an IMU calibration you place the Phantom on a level surface and click on a button in the Assistant software. That's how complicated it is. :D

Don't worry about it. As long as you read the manuals everything will go fine. Just buy one and have fun with it. Buy at least two extra batteries and I also bought the prop guards. I Just bought three extra batteries for a total of six. Only two arrived today. Out of stock. The third will be sent later.

3. aminklein

Thanks for the quick response. Art M

4. TomBro

I will concur - it's a lot spookier than it sounded. You'll want to have a USB extension cable. There were two levels of adjustment: simple and advanced I believe. The only difference being one took a few more minutes than the other.

5. general01

I wouldn't use the Imu calibration unless it does something crazy in flight

Do the compass calibration before the first flight and you will be good

Get one and enjoy it nothing complicated about the software