Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Naza-M Assistant for Mac finally here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jgaede, May 13, 2014.

1. jgaede

I used the naza-m software for the mac to check IMU calibration today.

2. ElGuano

Nice find! Moving to General Discussion forum.

3. Buk

Buk

Woohoo, thanks. Only a few more to go and there will be a full suite of Mac software.

4. Woody

Yes, nice find! I've been using my FC40 for two months now with no problems and still haven't used the Naza Assistant because my only computer is a Macbook. So now that's the Mac version is available I'm hesitant to use it because of all the issues and problems reported by other people after upgrading. All I would like to do is enable IOC so I can use HL.

If the upgrade is automatic and I can't choose to not upgrade, then I will leave well enough alone. Think I'll wait and see how it works for others before doing anything.

5. Woody

Well I finally did it, just avoided the update button and enabled IOC. Left everything else as it was, will test tomorrow.

6. ElGuano

I just got home and tried it as well, seems like everything is there and the write to FC was successful. One less reason to start up VMWare!

7. dcoski

No big deal but where is the "Test Motor"?

8. ElGuano

Hmm, you're right! I don't see it either. I actually use that quite frequently, I guess it's either BTU or Windows for that....

9. dcoski

I can live with that. It nice to see it on my Mac OS. And my Mac didn't fly away.

10. Marconi Union

Whats the difference in using this over the Phantom Assistant? What advantage or disadvantage?

11. ElGuano

Phantom Assistant is only for the various Phantom 2 quads. The Naza Assistant is for other multirotors that use a pure Naza-M flight controller. The P2 has a "custom" version of the Naza-M and needs its own Assistant.

12. sar104

Does that mean that the Naza Assistant cannot/should not be used with the Phantom, or just that it includes functions that the Phantom does not require?

13. ElGuano

If you have a Phantom 2 (non-Vision, Vision, Vision +), you MUST use the Phantom Assistant. You can't run the Naza Assistant even if you want to. If you have anything other than the P2, vice versa.