Naza M and Phantom Flight Controllers Are they related?

Reaction score
Being relatively new, I struggle to understand many references tossed out without historic reference. For example is there a progression between Naza M flight controller and the Phantom flight controller - both branded DJI - or are they very different animals? I tried to run Naza Software Assistant but got my knuckes wrapped by the software for being stupid. I am exploring the pitch control (port F2), but wondering if DJI are trying to lock people out of gimbal control with the phantom Flight Controller - forcing Zenmuse gimbal usage - a damned expensive unit to repair if you damage it. My supplier said it's not a cost effective repair, even though it's just a damaged cable! In effect just go buy another ZENMUSE gimbal!

NAZA v1, NAZA v2, and the "Phantom Controller" found in P2's are all the same hardware...the P2 version just has tweaked firmware on it that's locked to the Smart Battery setup in those models. You'll have to switch a P2 in to NAZA mode using the Assistant software, to get access to most of the settings found in the non-P2 NAZA's.

Thank you for that help. One difference I found when trying to mount a Chinese gimbal is that the Naza Assistant software does not run on the Phantom 2, making gimbal hookup harder for this newbee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20