Naza-M and IOC - Is this correct?

Reaction score
Hey all.

I decided to switch my P2V+ to Naza-M mode but i'm not getting what I expected out of IOC. Possibly I have misunderstood how it should work. Here's what happens ignoring the drunken sparrow effect (which is pretty bad at +23.5 mag dec);

After normal startup (S1 & S2 Up) and compass calibration I wait for GPS home lock (rapid green flashing).
I fly around a little in GPS mode - all good. Then I flick S2 to Down (Home Lock) but there is no change in control. It stays in GPS mode - control and LEDs indicate GPS mode.

If I land, cut props and set IOC 'Home Lock' the LED sequence changes to IOC Home Lock and I can take off and fly with IOC.

Is this the normal behavior? I was hoping to be able to switch modes in flight and use IOC to bring me home if i'm unsure of orientation.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

IOC is on in Phantom Assistant.

I'll swear I was more than 10m from home but I'll check that again tomorrow - cloud be my problem. Will report back in the morning.

Cheers

When you switch from gps to home lock, you'll see the lights on the phantom switch from flashing green to flashing yellow.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
How long have you been flying?
I've Been flying about a month. 20+ flights. No near misses.
Decided to try Naza-M to relive my fear of losing orientation and flying in to something.. so home lock looked useful and it didn't look too complex. http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza-mode-on-the-phantom-2-vision/

D_Tshudy said:
When you switch from gps to home lock, you'll see the lights on the phantom switch from flashing green to flashing yellow.
I could get the LEDs to change to IOC, but only with the Phantom on the ground and the rotors off. I could then take off and fly in home lock / course lock (excusing the compass issue). What was odd is that while flying in IOC if I flicked S2 to off (up) it would go back into GPS (green LEDs) but then would not let me back into home/course lock.

From the earlier comment I was possibly not far enough away from home. RFM I guess!

The sun's out and the wind gone so i'm heading out this am to test again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub