NAZA-IOC Course Lock/Home Lock Behavior

Reaction score
I've been thinking about testing the following scenario with IOC enabled on the Phantom: Please speak up if you've already confirmed the results.

- Power up the Phantom and record the Course Lock forward direction (let's say its North for this exercise)
- Take off in GPS/ATTI mode (after acquiring six or more satellites and successfully recording Home point)
- Take the Phantom North approximately 100 feet to an elevation of 100 feet
- Switch to IOC Home Lock mode
- Pull the right stick back (6-oclock) to bring Phantom back to the South, toward you and the recorded Home position, maintaining your elevation at 100 feet
- Continue to keep the control stick pulled back as the Phantom arrives and passes over the recorded Home point

What happens?

Does the Phantom switch to Course Lock as it passes South, through the North side of the Home Point 30' radius, continue South past the Home Point, and then switch back to Home Lock momentarily when it passes through the South side of the 30' radius? It does auto switch back to Home Lock, in theory it would reverse direction momentarily back toward the Home Point (North in this case) until it again passed through the 30' radius. With the directional control held in the 6-oclock position would the Phantom continually shift back and forth between Home and Course Lock moving the Phantom back and forth over the Southern 30' radius mark?

Comments?

Re: NAZI-IOC Course Lock/Home Lock Behavior

Haven't tried your exact scenario, but based on my experience with Home Lock, once you hit the 10m barrier, the aircraft stops.

HollyFlier said:
Haven't tried your exact scenario, but based on my experience with Home Lock, once you hit the 10m barrier, the aircraft stops.

I have been testing out both the CL and HL this past week, my experience shows that when in HL and you get within the 10m radius of where the aircraft was placed and locked into HL it does NOT stop but rather switches automatically into CL and proceeds in the direction relative to the stick position, if this makes sense. More specifically the aircraft does not stop, at least I don't think mine did. I will check again.

I was thinking about that.. OP has a vintage (and deprecated) german version in his hands..

urgno said:
Frau Blücher version :mrgreen:

*sound of whinnying horses* :mrgreen:

I've been wondering this too but based on what I've read so far it switches from HL to CL once within 10m and when passing over HP and the pilot turning around 180 degrees this results in the controls still working in CL and thus pulling the right stick causes the Phantom to fly further away to the South possibly confusing the pilots who don't know this and possibly resulting in loss of control and a (pseudo) flyaway.

I believe I have read someone having experienced this 'reversal' of the controls when flying overhead in CL but I'm not certain of this. It could well have changed with firmware versions too. I kind of expect CL to keep its orientation. If it doesn’t then it will end up hovering/oscillating over the HP when keeping the stick pulled constantly switching CL orientation. I doubt it will do this because it will be different from the behaviour if you pass the East/West line through HP outside the 10m circle (it doesn't change CL orientation then right?) but am curious too about what happens 10m 'South' of HP. Will the Phantom switch back to HL or will it stay in CL? If the latter how do you switch to HL again? By flicking the IOC switch to CL or off and then back to HL?

Was that a rhetorical question? Why do you think I started to do silly "How To" videos when it was raining?! This is when all the guys with simulators start looking a bit smug, and when I have to blow the dust off the (now) neglected Hubsan X4...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik