NAZA - Intelligent Mode Vs. Immediate Mode - Anyone??

Reaction score
I put my PV into NAZA mode today for the first time... primarily because i wanted the ability to use Home Lock when i'm flying far away and also to have the option of sending a "Fail Safe" (return to home) command if needed.

Upon reading the manual online, I learned there is an Intelligent Mode and an Immediate Mode (default)... which relate to how the motors turn off. From what I read, in Immediate Mode the motors can turn off if you pull the throttle down under 10 %, even during flight. This seems bad. Intelligent Mode seems much more appropriate, but it's not the default according the the manual, so I will go reconnect to computer to check it out.

Anyone else learn about these two modes? What are you using?

I'm not sure if this is the right operating manual for NAZA mode, but here's where I found the info I'm describing:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... ide_en.pdf

I have set mine to Intelligent mode because when I tried Immediate mode during one flight I did pull the throttle stick back just that little bit too far when descending and the motors stopped and Phantom dropped like a stone.It was only about twenty meters up and there was no time to restart the motors before impact.
If you use Intelligent mode and need to stop the motors immediately use the CSC (Combination Stick Commands),same as when starting the motors,they will stop immediately.

Is there a good, thorough description of the NAZA modes as they apply to the P2V?
The User Manual barely mentions NAZA.

Guys please remember with the Vision you only get a "NAZA-like" mode, not the full NAZA feature set. If you select NAZA-like mode then you will get:

1. NAZA LED signals, as opposed to the Vision ones;
2. The option to turn on IOC and select using S2;
3. The option to choose what the bottom-most position of S1 does - GPS-atti mode, engage failsafe, switch to full manual;

That's about it (unless I've missed a couple of hidden or nested screens somewhere!).

What I listed is all you've got to play with (other than gimbal limits - and because the Assistant is now shared with the Phantom 2 the gimbal page now has a few more values but these would only be applicable to Phantom 2 with Zenmuse).

There's currently no geo-fence option available. The best thing to do is to change your Vision over to NAZA mode and have a look at what you can do. One click of the button puts it back in Vision mode so there's no issue with doing so to have a look.

The main reason DJI doesn't make a big thing about it is that given the Vision's target market they don't want people putting it into Manual mode by mistake (instant crash if you've never flown gyro-only quads before) or getting confused by things like Course lock and Home lock (the latter I do occasionally use, for example if I have dropped video feed but still have control - the "radar" won't work if you don't have wifi telemetry coming in). If you aren't aware of how IOC works and its limitations then it could make things very confusing for a newcomer to quads.)

Pull_Up said:
Guys please remember with the Vision you only get a "NAZA-like" mode, not the full NAZA feature set. If you select NAZA-like mode then you will get:

1. NAZA LED signals, as opposed to the Vision ones;
2. The option to turn on IOC and select using S2;
3. The option to choose what the bottom-most position of S1 does - GPS-atti mode, engage failsafe, switch to full manual;

That's about it (unless I've missed a couple of hidden or nested screens somewhere!).

Ah, this is interesting... so you're saying that Intelligent / Immediate Mode do not apply? Where does it say it's a NAZA "like" mode? Thanks!

See the release notes on the DJI website, specifically for the firmware update on 17th November:

New (Major) Features:
a) Professional users can use the PC Assistant Software (v1.05) to enter a “Naza-like” Mode, enabling IOC
and original Atti, GPS and Manual Modes. The LED flight indicator will behave like the Naza, not the
Phantom 2 Vision. Please alert users to only enter the Naza-like Mode if they are experienced pilots as
more and more Phantom 2 Vision users will be those with no experience of flying.

It's a subset of the NAZA features. Don't forget the Vision is predominantly aimed at newcomers to the quadcopter arena. Unlike the self-build pilot who will want to trick and hack his/her NAZA to get optimum performance and balance from a machine they tinker with, the Vision is pretty much sorted out and stable from the factory, so there's a limit to how much tinkering needs to be done. They also want to limit how many options you can switch on that could lead to you making a crater... I was surprised to see they activated manual mode, to be honest, but I suspect it comes as a package in the NAZA controller along with allowing atti mode which lots of us use for smoother video.

Hope this helps...

Pull_Up said:
See the release notes on the DJI website, specifically for the firmware update on 17th November:

New (Major) Features:
a) Professional users can use the PC Assistant Software (v1.05) to enter a “Naza-like” Mode, enabling IOC
and original Atti, GPS and Manual Modes. The LED flight indicator will behave like the Naza, not the
Phantom 2 Vision. Please alert users to only enter the Naza-like Mode if they are experienced pilots as
more and more Phantom 2 Vision users will be those with no experience of flying.

It's a subset of the NAZA features. Don't forget the Vision is predominantly aimed at newcomers to the quadcopter arena. Unlike the self-build pilot who will want to trick and hack his/her NAZA to get optimum performance and balance from a machine they tinker with, the Vision is pretty much sorted out and stable from the factory, so there's a limit to how much tinkering needs to be done. They also want to limit how many options you can switch on that could lead to you making a crater... I was surprised to see they activated manual mode, to be honest, but I suspect it comes as a package in the NAZA controller along with allowing atti mode which lots of us use for smoother video.

Hope this helps...

yes, thank you! makes me feel better as well since now I understand that Immediate / Intelligent Modes do NOT apply. thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.