Naza 'home' mode ??

Reaction score
Hey Folks

I have the phantom setup in Naza mode with S2 position 1 off, 2 course and 3 home.. which is the default (can't change this anyways can you??)
I've tested the controller can goto each setting when I click S2 when the phantom is connected to the PC via assistant software. IOC is enabled to.

Course lock works and is pretty cool / useful..
RTH mode works when I set it via S1 (S1 position 3 is set to fail back or what ever that setting is... but NOT manual or ATTI)

Problem is.........Home mode however doesn't seem to work.. Its my understanding when you press/hold?? down on the right stick in will fly back to the home position
when you are in GPS mode and have 6+ satellites (and home is set).. It should hover home at 20feet for 15 seconds than land yeah ???
Also I've read it will only do it if the phantom is 30+ feet away..

anyways when I have 6+ sats in GPS and click S2 to Home.. I press/hold down on the right stick.. in just flys backwards, similar to course lock.. it definitely doesn't fly back to the home position... It doesn't care about home.. It will fly backwards until you take your hand off down....
When I switch to 'home' it will flash yellow every now and again which I assume indicates its doing something special..

Am I doing something wrong ?

I believe the phantom is in Naza mode (as set via the assistant PC software) because course lock works and RTH works, and when it was in Phantom mode, S2 did nothing as expected.

That is the way mine works.

Consider home lock like the spoke of a wheel. It really doesn't matter what way the bird is pointing when you invoke home lock it will set a temporary "back" on the aircraft and backup to your home point (center hub of spoke) horizontally.

justin00 said:
Problem is.........Home mode however doesn't seem to work.. Its my understanding when you press/hold?? down on the right stick in will fly back to the home position
when you are in GPS mode and have 6+ satellites (and home is set).. It should hover home at 20feet for 15 seconds than land yeah ???
Also I've read it will only do it if the phantom is 30+ feet away..

anyways when I have 6+ sats in GPS and click S2 to Home.. I press/hold down on the right stick.. in just flys backwards, similar to course lock.. it definitely doesn't fly back to the home position... It doesn't care about home.. It will fly backwards until you take your hand off down....
When I switch to 'home' it will flash yellow every now and again which I assume indicates its doing something special..

Am I doing something wrong ?

Course lock makes the bird fly in the same directions you took off, regardless of where it's facing. If you took off towards north, your right stick forward (throttle) will make bird go north even if it's facing south or east or west. That's the course lock mode. Home lock is similar, but it's connected to the starting point in straight line. When you push your right stick forward it will go in a straight line from starting point (home) to the bird and forward, regardless of its orientation. When you pull back it is coming in a straight line towards home.

Reading through all those threads now.. thanks :)
Just saw a youtube video of it.... The guy said/shows it flies back to your home point but circles around a 5-10 metres radius... so it doesn't actually land or anything.. just keeps flying around you basically ? But yeah it should fly back to home point in a line it seems

Yeah I get course lock thanks :)

When I do HL and down on right stick it flies back.. it doesn't fly towards the home point.. it just goes backwards.. the same as if S2 was off and you did down.. it flies bakcwards... (as the orientation is nornal.. forward=forward.. back=back)
Home point could be 50metres away to left/right and it doesn't care.. it just goes backwards in no relation to Homepoint.
It does not go in a straight line towards home point.. just flies backwards as mentioned.

*edit* Read all the threads... a few useful posts, plus you folks who replied thanks. Have a better understanding of it, but from what I've seen it isn't working in the manor people say it should!

every other function works... CL, RTH, GPS missions... clicking on the return to home buttin in app.. etc etc.. but yeah.. no HL :/

edited my post above a few times....

Should act like this.

Pay special attention to the stripes on bird in this video so you can see no matter what way it was pointing it still backs up.

http://youtu.be/RkDysFuH3Hs

Remember it reverts to course lock when you are within 30 feet of your home point and well stay in course lock into you move your s1 switch up-and-down.

Thanks for vid. Nice demonstration :) and I understand how it will revert to course lock etc.. my initial understanding about the landing part was wrong.

Anyways mine doesn't do that...
it wont be in inline with home on any sort of line.

like I said if its 50m away in the backwards positon and also 50m away in left/right position it will just fly backwards..it will still be 50m away from home in the left/right position. All other functions work as I said.

I just flip to HL wait a few sec and hold down right?

What shall I try if it really doesn't work...and isn't user error this time??

rrmccabe said:
Should act like this.

Pay special attention to the stripes on bird in this video so you can see no matter what way it was pointing it still backs up.

http://youtu.be/RkDysFuH3Hs

It looks like you are describing that the Home Lock is acting like Course Lock on your phantom.
This could be the case without being a problem if:
1. your S1 switch is on ATTI, or
2. GPS signal is lost (less than 6 satellites), or
3. Home position not set (departed too quickly)

So be careful as you might think you’re in HL while in reality you’re in CL.

Went for flight..
Compass calibration first (don't normally do this every time..circumstances permitting obviously) 9 sats.. home set and yeah basically worked like course lock..didnt care/know where home was. Did a GPS mission with failsafe/RTH at the end to test that was all still fine, which it was.

Anywho came back home did IMU diag.. said was all fine. Did advanced calibration anyway as I have never done that before.

Did another flight and HL is working like a champ now :) flies in a line back to me. Can notice a huge diff straight away in how HL is operating. Tested all other fancy stuff and all good :)

Seems weird everything else worked if it was upset about something

thanks for everyones help :) Happy with it all now.. including sats/gps and no video dropouts (after the gps fix anymore)

Can us users close/lock our own threads? Cant find an option to so not sure..?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20