Naza gimbal settings with Walkera g2d

Reaction score
I finally took apart the bird and hooked up the f2 pitch control. It worked surprising well right off the bat. The first thing I did was adjust the manual control speed which was at 100 by default. I kept halving the number basically. I ended up at 7 and that seems perfect.

Then I started playing with the servo travel limit and got it to the point where the camera could only look straight down or perfectly level and everything in between. Settings are in included screenshot.

I am unsure about the output freq. It defaulted at 50 and it seems to work fine. Please let me know if it should be different.

I "calibrated" the x1 in the software(which is confusing because I thought x1 was the gps/atti/atti?) which seemed to not change anything. I don't even understand that calibration process.

Regardless the "x1" (the lever on the back) works great.

One problem I can't figure out though:

There's already a very small control range for that lever. When I pull it all the way to the left, the camera aims straight down. The problem, which isn't that big of an issue at all, the camera goes level only halfway through the range of the control lever. The rest of the range of the lever is useless. I'd like it to be aiming down all the way to the left, and level all the way to the right. It makes it very hard to determine what position the camera is in during flight.

I feel like I explained this absolutely horribly.

I've been playing with the calibration on the naza software a lot with no avail, and the only thing I can think of is doing something crude like taping an object behind the right side of the lever to prevent it going more to the right than it needs to.

Anyone know how to fix this in the software?

Attachments

• HESHESHSEHSE.jpg
    HESHESHSEHSE.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,115
Try the search link in my signature.

There is an easy fix, I just can't remember it at the moment... o_Oo_O

I've searched quit a bit and I just can't seem to find it. Maybe i'm not wording it correctly when searching.
I've also played with the settings a bunch in the software, I can't get it

right now i've ghetto rigged it and put 2 pieces of tape on either side of the lever to prevent going into the useless control range.

Anyone know how to configure this correctly so I can take off this tie dye tape? :p

Attachments

• 11798419_10156326194265131_779141747_n.jpg
    11798419_10156326194265131_779141747_n.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 547
I dunno the answer to your problem but I intend to connect my F2 pitch control to a cheap eBay gimbal in the near future so I’m curious about how to resolve the control travel range too.

I didn't really solve the issue, rather skirted it: already have a Turnigy TGY-i10 transmitter for my other multirotors, and the knobs are fully adjustable as to the range of motion of the gimbal. So, just bought another Turnigy iA10 receiver and ditched the dji transmitter. I manage the gimbal with a very convenient knob that has click-stops, so it makes it a breeze to correctly aim the gimbal.

I just recently mounted a Walkera G-2D gimbal on my P1. I'm using the P1's battery to power the gimbal using the connector for the pitch control. Here is the video for my demo.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj