Naza cables are ok, now flips over during take off-help need

Reaction score
hi there

I had an accident which end up my phantom2 going into lake. i removed the top cover and unplugged all the cables to let it dry but shame on me I forgot to take photo of the cabling order on naza.

Is there any source that I can check where to plug which cable or can someone simple help me with the 1-2-3 cables on first image and where to plug short cable on second image.

thanks for your help

naza_zpsd192e5be.jpg

2014-06-13083502_zpsae4faaf5.jpg

Re: Naza cable connections

I have mine taken apart doing some testing so here ya go

yUwMfyfl.jpg

kr2jQ2xl.jpg

kEoyP7nl.jpg

QOpb6Mwl.jpg

QATwLPYl.jpg

Fyod said:
I have mine taken apart doing some testing so here ya go

yUwMfyfl.jpg

kr2jQ2xl.jpg

kEoyP7nl.jpg

QOpb6Mwl.jpg

QATwLPYl.jpg

Fyod

thanks for the photos.

I realized that those 3 cables are being connected vertical instead of horizontal. can you please confirm vertical order from the right wall of Naza.

as far as i can see first cable in my photos goes to X1 and second goes to X2 and third goes to x3

can you check and let me know please ?

I connected those cables and give it a try and p2 made a back flip at the take off :(

[youtube]http://youtu.be/810jZKEGZsU [/youtube]

Confirm.
X1: cable 1
X2: cable 2
X3: Cable 3

Is that your iOSD mounted in the nose area of the shell?

I have mine mounted underneath the phantom itself but that looks like a tidy spot!

grahamgee said:
Confirm.

I have mine mounted underneath the phantom itself but that looks like a tidy spot!

Thanks for confirmation.

yes iosd is in the nose I used double side 3m to hold it there. Zenmuse balance board and cambus ports are also in the phantom.

so cables are in correct place and motors, props are in the form they should be. Then why the heck my bird do back flip during take off?

Any ideas???

Re: Naza cables are ok, now flips over during take off-help

No problem, I had mine apart the same day so had some fresh photos to compare.

As far as the backflip goes, no idea i'm sorry :(

Very Tidy!

OT, but would you be able to send me photos of your install if you have any shots of the unit with its top off? I'd love to see! I think I'll have to take mine apart again!

Feel free to PM them to save a hijack :)
G

Make sure you have the top half of the shell installed correctly. Also check that you have the correct type of quad selected in the assistant software. It should be "X" not "+"
Use the assistant software to confirm motor rotation direction.

If shell is on correctly (small tape stripe indentations to front) then go into assistant software -> Basic -> RC and make sure "Quadrotor X" is selected.

mr.goodkat said:
grahamgee said:
Confirm.

Thanks for confirmation.

yes iosd is in the nose I used double side 3m to hold it there. Zenmuse balance board and cambus ports are also in the phantom.

so cables are in correct place and motors, props are in the form they should be. Then why the heck my bird do back flip during take off?

Any ideas???

http://youtu.be/iZkb1475Scg been there, done that :)

thanks guys i believe shell is correct

@DKDarkness I have exact same problem but not sure if its caused by that cable. I remember I spend at least 2-3 minutes to plug that cable because of small nails at the bottom of the socket which allows you to plug it to naza only in one possible way. but i will double check

mr.goodkat said:

@DKDarkness I have exact same problem but not sure if its caused by that cable. I remember I spend at least 2-3 minutes to plug that cable because of small nails at the bottom of the socket which allows you to plug it to naza only in one possible way. but i will double check

You can plug them in the other way, which is the way they must be plugged in. But you're right, it doesn't make any sense.

mr.goodkat said:

Can you post pictures of how your connectors are inserted? Taken so we can see both the colors of the wires, and the labels on the NAZA-M.

DKDarkness said:
mr.goodkat said:

Can you post pictures of how your connectors are inserted? Taken so we can see both the colors of the wires, and the labels on the NAZA-M.

I am currently out of the country but that is what i am going to do as soon as i go back!!!

DKDarkness said:
mr.goodkat said:

You can plug them in the other way, which is the way they must be plugged in. But you're right, it doesn't make any sense.

seems you were right :oops: i plugged it other way around.

ill try to give a try as soon as possible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31