Naza 2 worth getting with my setup?

Reaction score
I really want to get a Naza v2 just because im looking to take long flights and I like the safety features. Is it a waste of money if I don't plan on a dji ground station setup? I have a phantom 2 v2, immersion 600mw tx, 5800 dviersity rx and iosd mini on the way.. is there a better alternative, with similar safety features and gps stabilization or is the Naza for my purposes still a good product? Thanks!

Personally would hold off until we see what is being revealed later in the day.. I'm not one for hype, but I myself am looking to upgrade my quad copter professionally as like the S1000. That being said, it's really a research and develop kind of hobby. We live we Learn.. But to answer your question, Yes an upgrade to Naza V2 has its pluses but that would be pending the version software. I'm not a fan of immediate updates because of bugs and glitches. I'll stick to what's working until there is solid grounds for advancement, just don't like being the guinee pig lol.. I'd hold up on thought just to see what's being hyped and go from there.. But that's just me. I am anticipating An A2 upgrade.. We shall see, good luck and hopefully someone else can chime in..

I think what the OP means is that he wants the Naza M V2 (that's standard in the P1.1 and FC40 and that's also sold as a kit). It's more tweakable (like voltage gains, 3rd party gimbal and in-flight Tx control gain tweaking) than the Phantom2 Naza with the Vision assistant software but as far as safety features concerns the Phantom2 Naza has more. In Naza M there's no such thing as descent speed limitations or Return to home when battery is low.

The Phantom2 Naza is a bit dumbed down by the Vision software but it is the safest option. With M V2 you can get into trouble if you descent with high speed for instance. The P1 and FC40 are capable of very fast descents with the stock 8" props. As soon as you change them to P2 props, the Naza M V2 software still allows you to descent as fast as you want but you're guaranteed to get VRS and probably crash if you take it down with more then 3m/s.

Personally I can't find a reason to move to M V2 other than to break free from the dumbed down Vision software and be able to use batteries and gimbals of your own choice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr