Navigation strobe for P2V+

Reaction score
Not sure about anyone else but I have trouble seeing my P2V+ if it is more than 150m away during the day. often I can hear it but can't see it...
I was wondering if anyone has thought of installing a small, but very bright blinking navigation light somewhere underneath like on a regular aircraft (but not as big obviously) so as to spot it easier against the bright sky? I have seen people add colored lights around it but I think these make them look more like toys and quite frankly, silly.

Any info as to where one would get one & how to install it (voltage etc) would be appreciated :p

Seriously?

Where to get them is in the second link. How to fit them is in the first link if you read the thread.

xgeek said:
Seriously?

Where to get them is in the second link. How to fit them is in the first link if you read the thread.

I did read the thread smart ***...

The supplier is out of stock. As for the instructions on how to fit them, there's dozens of people asking the same thing, but there is not video/tutorial.
The lights are mounted on a circuit board, I don't want that hanging off the side of the Phantom...

Smart ***? lol. Just trying to help buddy, but won't waste my time in future.

xgeek said:
You could both dial it back a little. His Smart *** comment was uncalled for, but in his defense, the thread referenced is now 11 pages long. I read it all. There are several sources for at least three different versions of lights, some that seem to work and some that clearly don't, lots of other people asking for directions too and those that have supplied some have acknowledged they're not good at it.....OBTW, none of them have posted a video showing the Phantom during the daytime showing how well the lights work beyond sight of the Phantom itself.
I appreciate your willingness to help, it wasn't a waste of time for me, but I'm still a little in the dark over the usefulness of this solution during the daytime.

I'd appreciate any help in finding a way to better track my Phantom visually during the daytime. Thanks

RedRyderMedia said:
xgeek said:
You could both dial it back a little. His Smart *** comment was uncalled for, but in his defense, the thread referenced is now 11 pages long. I read it all. There are several sources for at least three different versions of lights, some that seem to work and some that clearly don't, lots of other people asking for directions too and those that have supplied some have acknowledged they're not good at it.....OBTW, none of them have posted a video showing the Phantom during the daytime showing how well the lights work beyond sight of the Phantom itself.
I appreciate your willingness to help, it wasn't a waste of time for me, but I'm still a little in the dark over the usefulness of this solution during the daytime.

I'd appreciate any help in finding a way to better track my Phantom visually during the daytime. Thanks

The one shown in the link is extremely bright, it would probably be easily spotted during the day. However, the lights used are fixed to a circuit board. Looking at my P2V+ the only place they could sit is on the outside & I don't want a circuit board attached to the side of it.
I was thinking more along the lines of being able to drill a hole that the light sticks through.... I'll keep looking.
Thanks & my apologies to RedRydermedia

^ one of the three options presented towards the end of the 11 pages of that thread had a version with the led at the end of a pigtail so the PCB could be mounted inside. That might be what you're looking for.

tupes said:
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=165_43

They are in stock here^^^^^^^^

Get them with the wire attached and the servo cable plugs straight into the naza

Ok I had a look but the actual light is mounted ON the PCB, would you not have to drill a big hole to poke the light through & somehow mount the PCB inside? There's not a lot of room or flat surface to mount anything on

Phantom_Menace66 said:
tupes said:

Get them with the wire attached and the servo cable plugs straight into the naza

Ok I had a look but the actual light is mounted ON the PCB, would you not have to drill a big hole to poke the light through & somehow mount the PCB inside? There's not a lot of room or flat surface to mount anything on

Here is a view on how I fitted it inside.(Main procedure is in the other thread). There is plenty of space and I fixed it with silicon sealant.

Attachments

• IMG_20140503_174952.jpg
    IMG_20140503_174952.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 485
desertphantom said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
tupes said:

Here is a view on how I fitted it inside.(Main procedure is in the other thread). There is plenty of space and I fixed it with silicon sealant.

Brilliant, ok I'll order a couple and you said the plug straight into the NAZA? There are several unused slots in the NAZA controller, which one supplies the power? Can I plug 2 in or have to splice the wires together?

Phantom_Menace66 said:
desertphantom said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
tupes said:

Brilliant, ok I'll order a couple and you said the plug straight into the NAZA? There are several unused slots in the NAZA controller, which one supplies the power? Can I plug 2 in or have to splice the wires together?

I did mine the exact same way. I also plugged mine into the NAZA. With the props off plug the strobe into the naza and when they come on you can use that port. But to answer your question better I used the ones on the opposite side as this.
yde8yna4.jpg

I've plugged 3 strobes in the naza unit and used different ports all next to each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31