National Park Service bans Drones

Re: Test Site just banded Drones

BigTulsa said:
Fz1pilot1 said:
Just herd it on the news this AM ....Big Bend Natl Park, Texas just band Drone Flying. They claim it is to noisy

https://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/2014/ ... ans-drones

If it's an NP, that's not news. That's been policy now for over a month.

Pretty much, unless the ban is also for that exception related to 'within x miles from the boarder' i keep reading. This park forms a large chuck of the boarder between Mexico and Texas.

Re: Test Site just banded Drones

gword256 said:
Pretty much, unless the ban is also for that exception related to 'within x miles from the boarder' i keep reading. This park forms a large chuck of the boarder between Mexico and Texas.

BORDER, please. It's a completely different word to BOARDER.

I find the helicopters at the Grand Canyon very annoying. Motorcycles, too noisy and too many of them. I'm uncomfortable with firearms in the park and the thousands of visitors that consume huge amounts of water, produce sewage and garbage trucks to haul waste. At some point there is a line. But as Americans we ought to be very concerned with the continual over reach by the gov't. These vision drones mean nothing for real environmental impact in the parks and actually open up some amazing views to better appreciate our parks. Let's remember a flight lasts 20 minutes. This is a simple effort of proper policy. Otherwise, we can look forward to more over reach and restrictions on just about everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.