National Park Exemption for 333 holders?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to get the National Parks to exempt a 333 holder from the "No Drone" rules? It would be nice to get aerial photography and video to showcase and possibly sell through our business.

I've "sort of" gotten "relief" but not for business purposes. Just for the record I do NOT hold section 33 exemption status (yet, it's pending).

I work tightly with our local EMS and Law Enforcement for SAR work. On a recent "simulated" mission the command post was set up on our dear Gvtmnt land. The local representative for the NPS gave us written "temporary" permission to fly there for this one mission with rules that we were to minimize flights as much as possible, not fly over anyone not associated with the practice, and avoid wildlife as much as possible.

We have an excellent group of people here locally who all work together in our SAR missions and because this is all routed through IC and all safety protocol are utilized this is how the "relief" was obtained. I highly, I stress HIGHLY doubt you'll get relief for a business venture. I'm not saying it's not worth a try but just don't get your hopes up on it. They are very strict on the rules and usually only see black & white.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub