Narrow Sensing

Reaction score
Hi All

I have discovered a new setting under RC shortcuts. There is a new option called "narrow sensing(hold)" I have not done any tests but i suspect this is sort of like a on-demand side sensors? I assume the drone cant use the side sensors all the time, but with this shortcut you can quickly make switch it off or on? Anyone tested this?

I will make a video looking into it shortly

I saw that too (in the C1/C2 button assignment menu) and was also wondering what it was. I had guessed it had something to do with some kind of exposure lock, but who knows. Has DJI documented this anywhere or are users just supposed to figure it out via experimentation?

It's supposed to help you fly through narrow places, like doorways. I also have been unable to get it to work.

I was wondering what this was also. Have not found anything in the manual and I did a search of the PDF file.

The FAQ page says:

3. How to use Narrow Sensing?
Set C1 or C2 as activation switch for Narrow Sensing. When flying in a complex environment, activate Narrow Sensing and the aircraft will adjust its sensing range and flying speed to fly through narrows gaps.

But no detail on just how the sensitivity is altered.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

AFAIU, without narrow sensing on, standard sensing will have OA stop you from entering the narrow space. When you hold narrow sensing on, it narrows the “field of view” of the sensors so it won’t pick up the sides of the narrow passage as you fly through the center. I assume you get out of whack and are heading for the doorframe or tree trunk it will see and avoid. Because it’s narrow sensing. Not no sensing.

This may only work in tripod mode if my memory serves me correctly.

I assigned the button c2 to narrow sensing. But I don't see any noticeable difference or anything on the screen changing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try holding the c2 KEY in as you fly. So the way it works is if you have the sensors on and you want to move forward but are being stopped by sensors you hold that key in and fly right on thru if you dare. lol

Let me give you a hint, if you are in a narrow spot, you dont want to go to slow as the wind will bounce off those walls if you have any and take you to the side so navigate thru with purpose and direction not slow and timid.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan