NAR sides with the FAA

• Thread starter Deleted member 6917
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6917

I got a phone call and an email today from one of my realtor clients about the National Association of Realtors sending out a directive of sorts to it's members. Looks like they are siding with the FAA on drone aerial photography for real estate listings. They probably issued this to their members to clear their butts in case of any legal action against them. It sucks...but my guess is that realtors in general will keep on doing aerial listing videos because they have to make a living like anyone else and aerial video gives them the upper edge. http://realtormag.realtor.org/law-and-e ... #sf2609737

Seems to me this would drive realtors to contract the work to someone else rather than getting their own Phantoms or whatever. I heard about the NAR statement the other day, but none of my contacts in real estate have said anything about it since.

I got a phone call and an email today from one of my realtor clients about the National Association of Realtors sending out a directive of sorts to it's members. Looks like they are siding with the FAA on drone aerial photography for real estate listings. They probably issued this to their members to clear their butts in case of any legal action against them. It sucks...but my guess is that realtors in general will keep on doing aerial listing videos because they have to make a living like anyone else and aerial video gives them the upper edge. http://realtormag.realtor.org/law-and-e ... #sf2609737

Means more work for "commercial flyers". If realtors would rather pay someone else than invest themselves or take a risk - ok in my book, "make the check payable to..."

The last sentence in the article...do not hire anyone to do it for you. "In the meantime, NAR says, members should not use drones for real estate marketing purposes or hire companies to do so."

One of my realtors is still going to run his aerial listing....the other is making his private...they must join his little realtor club to get the password. Whatever!

I've got 3 large property investment groups planning shoots around progress of major projects here. One is a HUGE municipal stadium and even state officials are wanting "fly overs" for their constituents...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20