Nanuk 950

Reaction score
Do any of you have the nano 950 case and have any sort of issues with how high the P4P sits in the case and the prop height?

Have had a 950 for about a month. Keeping the props on, agree that it's snug but I think fine for lugging around town. Personally, however, I choose to keep props off during transport. Colleague has the HPRC PHA4-2700W Hard Case with Wheels for his P4 but I think it's a beast. For me and my P4P, 950 is fine.

Have had a 950 for about a month. Keeping the props on, agree that it's snug but I think fine for lugging around town. Personally, however, I choose to keep props off during transport. Colleague has the HPRC PHA4-2700W Hard Case with Wheels for his P4 but I think it's a beast. For me and my P4P, 950 is fine.
does your phantom sit too high in the case with the props on? with mine the props don't fit into those guides properly.

It sits up a little but after pulling up the guide inserts, I don't think they're too high. The HPRC case if better for that (sitting below foam insert) but again, that case is a beast. My personal preference.

It sits up a little but after pulling up the guide inserts, I don't think they're too high. The HPRC case if better for that (sitting below foam insert) but again, that case is a beast. My personal preference.

Does the lid of the case not press down on top of the props - forcing their springs down?

It's snug and the foam does press down but there's 'give' to the foam and I don't know if the pressure's hard enough to force the springs down.

Can someone take a look at these photos of my case - You can see there's a hole in the corner where the RC goes - and the thing just doesn't sit right. Nanuk seem to have washed their hands of answering my queries even though their marketing chap admitted it was not right. Does anyone else's look like this? The foam 'layers' look terrible.
IMG_1557-1.jpg
IMG_1559-2.jpg
IMG_1560-3.jpg
IMG_1567-4.jpg
IMG_1570-7.jpg

This holds P4P props on, only weighs 6.94lbs,10yr warranty, firm quality EVA shell and epp foam insert, $99 ebay, it was 220$, props have plenty room, waterproof but not submersible, solid case can stand on it, check youtube video, guy takes off right outa case. Backpack with concave back really comfy lite. I was checking the 2701, liked recessed props but its heavy, not for backpacking unless buy the nylon bag and transfer foam insert, all for bout $300. Nanuk good for airplanes cargo,not carry on, the Eva has a flight case that this inserts into for cargo protection. I get refund and purchase EVA, case looks very M.I.B.

Last edited:
This holds P4P props on, only weighs 6.94lbs,10yr warranty, firm quality EVA shell and epp foam insert, $99 ebay, it was 220$, props have plenty room, waterproof but not submersible, solid case can stand on it, check youtube video, guy takes off right outa case. Backpack with concave back really comfy lite. I was checking the 2701, liked recessed props but its heavy, not for backpacking unless buy the nylon bag and transfer foam insert, all for bout $300. Nanuk good for airplanes cargo,not carry on, the Eva has a flight case that this inserts into for cargo protection. I get refund and purchase EVA, case looks very M.I.B.

That's not what I'm asking. Not interested in options. I want to hear from users who have the Nanuk.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but people are actually trying to assist you. Would you rather be ignored?

Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but people are actually trying to assist you. Would you rather be ignored?

No. You're not assisting me.

I have the 950 and I wanted to see the foam that other people have got for their 950's.
I am not looking for other solutions or options. I just want to see what I paid for is what I should have.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie