Nano Drone turns into Phantom 4

well this took an unexpected turn lol.
The guy at Best Buy was super awesome and did the price-match no problem at all.

So now I am now an official owner of a Phantom 4! [emoji1]

bbab67eb633882fffa95b11c4c8d6f93.jpg

14baa9641fcd12c7f0e33aaafbfc7b71.jpg

Got my son his own little copter as well [emoji4]

I'll open this up after dinner and I'll report back once I've had a chance to fly!

I wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't sent a pic of the receipt! The guy that did it for you probably got fired! Their price match policy pretty clearly states that in order to the match, the item must be IN STOCK at a local brick and mortar store - internet pricing is normally specifically excluded. Congrats though!

BTW - I've read this whole thread and I didn't see anything I'd call whining and I think it was stupid for that other P4 owner to tell you to ignore it. Much of what was said were REAL issues and observations reported by people that actually owned a P4. I'd be more tempted to ignore the guy who told you to ignore the problem reports! He seems pretty narrow-minded and dismissive for no good reason.

In any case though - most of the reports are stating that the P4 doesn't live up to its advertised capabilities and in some cases, it doesn't even perform as well as a P3P - but that doesn't mean that the drone is a piece of crap - it means that DJI has done some false advertising.

The best objective advice someone could give you (or anyone else contemplating a P4 purchase) would be to try it out. Compare the performance you see to the performance people get from a P3P and to the performance DJI suggested you would get. And if the discrepancy is big - or if you find that you're not getting the range and battery life you expected - return it while you still can and get the P3P or even the P3A as well as some upgrades!

If you've never flown a drone before - you'll probably love the P4 - but the truth is that there are very few *actual* improvements in performance and features between the P3P and the P4. So - it's not that the P4 is "bad" - it's just that it's looking like the difference in price between them does not line up with the difference in capabilities. I think that DJI got greedy and messed up the pricing. It's almost like they're saying "Buy our items - 1 for $10, 3 for $20 or 5 for $100!" lol - IMO, there's just no justification for the higher price tag on the P4.

(Off topic briefly - but I actually saw a kiosk at the Singapore airport once that was selling something - I forget what exactly - but they had a huge sign posting their special which was "Buy 9 and get the 10th one for 10% off!!!" lol its crazy what some people think is a deal!)

I think that DJI *should* have taken a page out of Apples iPhone pricing playbook and released their P4 at the SAME price point as the P3P was and then lowered the prices a bit on all of the older models - and like the iPhone, they should come up with an improved model every year without ever changing their flagship pricing. It should be more than profitable enough to just keep people upgrading every year than to try to raise the price for marginal improvements. Like I said earlier - I'm sure the P4 on its own is a great product. It's just not worth the more expensive price tag.

These price concerns may not affect you specifically because of the deal you got - but anyone who is not lucky enough to score the phenomenal deal you did on the P4 would almost certainly be happier in the long run by spending their P4 money on a P3P with some upgrades - like a Windsurfer antenna, an extra battery and some prop guards.

Most of the people who are complaining about the false advertising of the P4 have a right to be upset. DJI tricked many of them into upgrading from their P3P with promises of improved performance that were plain and simply - not delivered. These "whiners" - who are guilty of nothing but trusting DJI - sold their P3P's at a loss and then spent EXTRA money on the P4 expecting to get the improvements that DJI advertised - but in reality what they ended up with is a bank account that is several hundred dollars lighter, and a bird with roughly the same capabilities as the one they already owned. So - ease the hell up on them! They're victims of fraud and instead of sympathizing with them or thinking about how we'd feel in their shoes - we are dismissing their concerns and calling them whiners? C'mon people...shouldn't we be better than that?

I would continue with the Amazon purchase and then resell it to make some pocket money for yourself to get another battery or something lol

I was thinking the same thing actually lol. if have to find the sweet spot on someone saving enough, and me making enough to make it worth the effort. just enough for another battery and I'd be happy[emoji41]

Congrats on the purchase, you should have bought an extra battery or two. Did Best Buy have batteries for sale?

Good question! [emoji848] I didn't think to check because I had actually bought an extra battery from DJI already which came earlier this week! a 3rd one in the future would be nice for sure!
cb0b0b395bdbb68e6595f27792f148f1.jpg

I wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't sent a pic of the receipt! The guy that did it for you probably got fired! Their price match policy pretty clearly states that in order to the match, the item must be IN STOCK at a local brick and mortar store - internet pricing is normally specifically excluded. Congrats though!

BTW - ....

I was very surprised! There are 2 stores in our area, the one near me didn't have it but said he can price match at the other store (that's bigger) since they had 3 showing in stock.
I was afraid of going to other other BB for nothing so I had him order for me while I got the Green Light from him already.
Anyways, almost all the employees at the one I grabbed it from didn't even know they had one in stock.
I got the first one at that store, and unless someone got one from Apple/DJI, I wonder if I'm the first one around here to have one! [emoji41]
thanks for the added input as well, much appreciated.

I was thinking the same thing actually lol. if have to find the sweet spot on someone saving enough, and me making enough to make it worth the effort. just enough for another battery and I'd be happy[emoji41]

Good question! [emoji848] I didn't think to check because I had actually bought an extra battery from DJI already which came earlier this week! a 3rd one in the future would be nice for sure!
cb0b0b395bdbb68e6595f27792f148f1.jpg

I was very surprised! There are 2 stores in our area, the one near me didn't have it but said he can price match at the other store (that's bigger) since they had 3 showing in stock.
I was afraid of going to other other BB for nothing so I had him order for me while I got the Green Light from him already.
Anyways, almost all the employees at the one I grabbed it from didn't even know they had one in stock.
I got the first one at that store, and unless someone got one from Apple/DJI, I wonder if I'm the first one around here to have one! [emoji41]
thanks for the added input as well, much appreciated.
Great snag, kid! ;)
I finally got a ship date from Amazon on my P4. Shipping on 4/6 to arrive on 4/8. I think the 8 hours earlier on my order must have paid off. And I, too, pre-ordered my second battery from DJI, it's supposed to arrive on 4/6. Enjoy!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost