Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

N1-OSD for Phantom and Naza FCs

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Mallion, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Mallion

Shameless plug for my video, but if you want a cheap OSD for your Phantom then the N1-OSD is pretty good.

No Horizon display, but Battery Voltage and %, Direction diamond/arrows, Climb rate, Lat and Long, Flight Timer, Satellite Count etc. etc. is very useful. Works with all Naza FCs and is ridiculously cheap.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpkteYXINFo

IflyinWY likes this.
  2. SilverStone641

I actually have one of these in my P1 currently. It's not an okay OSD, if you don't mind Chinese menus. I guess they do have a viewset that's close to an iOSD, so it's not that bad. I just received an S-OSD which is apparently an upgraded version of the N1 with proper English support. Pretty affordable too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251774441367?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I can't speak to how well it works yet as I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to install it yet. Hopefully I can get that done real soon!

3. IflyinWY

Very nice video, easy to watch and clear. I just watched it for the second time.
    I muted the sound, hope there wasn't any voice. If there was, I missed it.

How did you view the windows? Was this done on a FPV monitor, or through a computer?

4. Mallion

No voice, decided text was better than me droning on. It's a lot easier to emphasize things with text and arrows and for people to pause and write things down than going: "What'd he say??"

That was just done with photos taken from an 8" FPV monitor. All the animations of the arrows etc. was done by hand, along with the fades into the English translations. Took... ages. Went another way with the N3-OSD video and used live video of me moving about most of the time... and took twice as long to make it, as I decide to 'improve' the general production values too... o_O That was done with a camera pointed at the same 8" FPV monitor.

IflyinWY likes this.
  5. IflyinWY

I'll take a peek at the other video now.

Both can be found here, correct?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkFCIytDwfjJ-xTd7n_pGAQ/videos

I really appreciate you taking the time to make the videos.

Did you use an FTDI connector or was the FPV being broadcast and received?
    Or do I not know enough to ask the proper question?

6. Mallion

Yes,that's them. Signal was just broadcast and received with the Phantom right next to me on the table. ;)

IflyinWY likes this.
  7. Beario

Let me know how that goes. I thought the S-OSD was a bit too large which is why I bough the MINI S-OSD. Somehow after changing the screen settings it lost the flashing. The good news is that they reflashed it and will be sending it back. In the meantime, I have been using the N1 OSD and ordered another one just in case.

8. Mallion

The S-OSD isn't related to the N1-OSD. It's the Remzibi, which is very different, as well as twice the price. No idea what the Mini S-OSD is, unless its a smaller version of the same thing.

9. Beario

10. Mallion

11. Beario

The N1 has been more dependable for me. The S-OSD and Mini S-OSD can lose the flashing if updating it through the FTDI board doesnt work. I had to mail it back to China to be reflashed and now its coming back, but the turn around time is insane. Interesting how I sent it to China and it took 6 days and coming back from there takes a ton longer.

rattydude77 likes this.
  12. IIVII

Great News for the owners of N1/N2/N3 OSD .. i just bought couple of N1s and i was surprised to find all menus and on screen data are in English .. i also noticed the firmware is (v 1.5) so there must be a firmware update for the old ones .

#12 IIVII, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  13. barnan

Hoi,
    can you tell me where you buy the N1 with version 1.5, because the english menu is verry interesting. Thks

14. IIVII

i got mine from thanksbuyer.com .

i did lil diggin' and i found the firmware v.1.6 for the N osd's .. the link below has 2 zip files the first one is for the normal N osd (the ones we have) .. the 2nd zip file seems to be for the new mini osd that comes in a tiny aluminum case.

link : 非凡科技升级软件_免费高速下载|百度云 网盘-分享无限制

the update seems straightforward , here's a chinese clip on how to make your FTDI connection and do the upgrade .

极翼P2飞控加装非凡FFOSD N1版的方法_高清—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

pls note that i haven't tried any of the above , i'm just trying to help here.. :)

15. Eugene

May i know how to fit the n1 osd into phantom 2 without much soldering?