n00b question about programmable movements

Reaction score
Hi there,
Considering the Mavic as my first drone. I'm wondering whether it's possible to program events.

For instance, I'd like to lie in the middle of a field and have the Mavic film from a great height getting lower and lower keeping me in the middle of the frame and then hovering 10 feet from the ground above my head while I'm recording my voice into a zoom h1.

Obviously, I can't use the controller and I could do this with the help of someone else but I'd like to be able to do it myself and programming it seems the only way possible. Is this something that's done?

thanks in advance.

I'd like to lie in the middle of a field and have the Mavic film from a great height getting lower and lower keeping me in the middle of the frame and then hovering 10 feet from the ground above my head while I'm recording my voice into a zoom h1.
That cannot be done with DJI GO. It would be possible to do something like that via the DJI SDK though.

I have been watching for Autopilot to come ut for the Mavic as well. I am sure it is just a matter of time, considering the brains of the P4 and Mavic are basically the same.

I have been watching for Autopilot to come ut for the Mavic as well. I am sure it is just a matter of time, considering the brains of the P4 and Mavic are basically the same.
I think Autopilot should concentrate on an Android version first for the P4, I am not sure potential Mavic users will want the complexity of Autopilot. The Mavic seems much more orientated to quick easy use, mountain biking, skiing, boats etc. Autopilot is more complex and more for video photography, but hey what do I know. But yes looks like the Mavic will do pretty much what the P4 does, let us wait and see how it copes with wind, and stability etc.

I will be a mavic user, and I am 100% interested in the functionality. I have no vested interest in Android, so it isn't anything to me for that aspect. I bought the Mavic for video and photo. we shoot a decent amount of geurilla shots, and something the Mavic's size is perfect. Between riding my motorcycle and the other stuff, the Mavic is the perfect size.

It is probably best you not make blanket assumptions that all Mavic owners will be hikers and mountain bikers.

I have seen some videos where a couple guys test the Mavic and P4 with a leaf blower, and the Mavic did better overall with the lower profile. Search on youtube, I am not googling today.

I will be a mavic user, and I am 100% interested in the functionality. I have no vested interest in Android, so it isn't anything to me for that aspect. I bought the Mavic for video and photo. we shoot a decent amount of geurilla shots, and something the Mavic's size is perfect. Between riding my motorcycle and the other stuff, the Mavic is the perfect size.

It is probably best you not make blanket assumptions that all Mavic owners will be hikers and mountain bikers.

I have seen some videos where a couple guys test the Mavic and P4 with a leaf blower, and the Mavic did better overall with the lower profile. Search on youtube, I am not googling today.
A leafblower! That's awesome. Do the Mavic advantages ever end?

When the Lichti application is updated to include use with the Mavic then yes you will be able to program waypoints that reduce the altitude of the Mavic while filming or taking images.

You would just program a "mission" and start with a waypoint at the highest altitude you want to start filming at. Then set another vertical one at a lower altitude , but not change the horizontal location and then set a lower vertical one and so on and so forth.

Then launch the "mission" tilt the camera down and this should give you the effect you describe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik