Mythbuster's Youtube Video (Drone vs Chicken)

Reaction score
The failicy in this demonstration is seen when it takes 15 seconds from first touching the skin (allowing the blades to NEVER loose momentum) and lightly pushing to make sure they maintain "all horsepower" for every nano second. Of course it is going to cut it - and deep. However, this is not a "real-life" demonstration. Fly it directly into the **** chicken and see what happens. Here is a clue, the torque of these electric motors is very low. This means that if you hold on to the phantom and shoved a whole frickin' chicken into the side (hitting 2 blades, not one), guess what - the blades will stop and you will burn out 2 ESCs. My BET is pain - positively, cuts - for sure; however, I do not believe the person will die, by any stretch. Law suit - yep! If you have no insurance, and nobody does, you are "up **** creek without a paddle". This, in and of itself is my deterrent from flying around people - I just do not do it! Mark my words, someone is going to get hurt - very bad and there will be a lawsuit. And, the Phantom Pilot will be in jail (FOR STUPIDITY)! This is just my 2 cents!

P.S. I flew 90 size helis for years (4.5 ft. carbon fiber rotor) at 90 MPH. If that thing went into a chicken coop, it would kill every **** one in the joint. That baby had TORQUE! A phantom has the torque of a toy!

I think the essence of the info is the props can be dangerous. We have even had pilots get stitched up themselves for making mistakes. I agree you can make it look as bad or as good as you want. Fact is any high rpm spinning prop is and can be dangerous. Eyeballs are thinner than chicken skin.
I applaud you for not flying over people. We also try to plan our flights to be human free. And animal safe also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4