Mystery woman watches me fly from afar

Reaction score
So I thought the drone pilots were supposed to be the creeps.

I went to this dead end street to fly over some farm fields. I even spoke to the vehicle leaving the last house at the end of the street to check if they had any problems with me flying over the fields.

So I'm flying, and this woman drives down towards me (towards the end of the road), I kind of glance at her just in case she needed something but she keeps driving. Then she turns around and just parks about 100 yards away, facing me. I got the feeling she was trying to intimidate me into leaving, maybe it was her field I was flying over, or maybe she thought she was being a good neighbor by keeping an eye out on a dangerous peeping tom.

Anyways, after about 10 minutes, she realized I didn't care because my behavior hadn't changed, I was still happily flying, and she decides to drive off, past me again. I glance at her just in case she decides she would like to talk, but nope.

I'm casually looking around on Facebook just in case somebody has shared her photo of me that she snapped from her car, an intruder in her area, invading privacy, stealing identities and wreaking hell in the countryside.

Anyways, here we are, like an estranged romantic couple.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-21-20-56-55-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-21-20-56-55-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,302
Reactions: Buzz Covington
She was probably just interested and thinking of buying a UAV for her or her kids and was too nervous to approach you. That happened to me once and when I smiled at her she got out of her car and we had a ten minute chat about the in's and out's of flying a Phantom. It turned out she is an avid photographer and was looking for a new angle.

People will stop and stare at the slightest thing out of the ordinary. It really annoys me. Old people seem to be the worst. I was taking some normal photos of a sunset at our local marina. I had a normal digital SLR on a tripod. Now a tripod is seen as not normal.......
I ended up with about 10 old people staring at me quite openly just a few feet away. Most offputting! I don't know what they were waiting for. Maybe they though Krakatoa was going to erupt or maybe an alien spacecraft was about to land. Maybe even the 2nd coming who knows grrrrrr!

A lot of elderly are bored. Ask em over next time.

"C''mon over and take a closer look."

I'd put it in learner mode and let them fly it, if they want to.

Make a friend!

Reactions: Erised
I would have hovered about 20 ft up and 20 ft away to see what she did then[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Phabulous PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: SkynetOne
She couldn't decide whether you had live feed turned on. I think you got lucky. Not all serial killers are men, ya know.

;)

It was just strange because the closest house was 300 yards away, it's like she got in her car specifically to come down and watch me, on a dead end street.

...which is how most women picture a relationship with me, a dead end street.

I would have told her that I've got a phantom in the sky and a python in my pants.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It was just strange because the closest house was 300 yards away, it's like she got in her car specifically to come down and watch me, on a dead end street.

...which is how most women picture a relationship with me, a dead end street.

She was probably the neighborhood busybody and saw you take off from one if the houses, and was curious and wanted to get a closer look without getting out of the car..
I've had friends, guests, family, employees at my place see me flying the Phantom, particularly during takeoffs and landings and react with amazement and curiosity. As soon as most people see it's not a threat they become really curious about how the Phantom does what it does. Then they ask where they can get one..

That's odd... your controller is a white 6 channel correct?? You must be an exception. Girls usually stare if you are holding a big black Futaba 12 channel controller.

She probably called the cops to have them run your plates. You are now on a national watch list of suspected pervs. Check your local sheriffs web site - maybe you are listed with the (other) local sex offenders.

I should write an add in Craigslist, what is it, the close encounters?

"You were close, but so far away. Your piercing glance held me hostage, but lo, I was watching you from the sky. When you drove away, I fought with myself to turn on ActiveTrack (trademark symbol here) and follow you home, where I could land my Phantom, and also my heart"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj