Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Mystery Interference with Fatshark spiroNET Antenna

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by THOM FERRELL, Apr 3, 2015.

1. THOM FERRELL

My set up.
    1) DJI Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal and GoPro.
    2) Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter with a 5.8GHz Fatshark spiroNET Antenna attached
    3) RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz 7" LCD Diversity Receiver Monitor with a 5.8GHz Fatshark spiroNET Antenna.

I get interference lines and static on the monitor, even when the Phantom is only a few yards away.
    When I wrap my hand around spiroNET Antenna, the interference lines goes away.

Any clues?

2. jason

The interference is coming from the P2. Here's something that might resolve the problem.

3. bburnflyer

I had the exact same problem with a Black pearl screen. It was suggested to add an earth wire to the gopro plug
    (Do a search for it on here and youtube) but it didn't work for me, so i bought a immersionRC uno 5800 receiver and it
    Completely cured the problem.

4. jason

I really do not see the monitor as the source of the problem as I to have interference but in my case I'm using a H3-2D gimbal using a 30 pin connector. Also when using a AVL58 TX and a standard video monitor with a AVL58 RX I had the same interference. So I dismiss the monitor as being the source or the problem. But for me it really isn't a problem as I fly LOS and only use the monitor to align the camera for a video shot and the telemetry.

5. THOM FERRELL

Thanks For the info. I'm going to try some other things be for I start messing with the GoPro connector.

6. THOM FERRELL

-- I removed the monitor from the controller and put it on a tripod and the interference disappeared.

I found the interference lines and static was being caused by the DJI controller antenna.
    I shielded the monitors antenna with a piece of heavy aluminum foil between the controller and the monitors antennas interference disappeared.