My Vision has got the jitters

Reaction score
I almost hate posting this in here but maybe one of the resident gurus will have some insight. My Vision has a jittery twitch when hovering. Its driving me nuts and obviously makes it tough to get good video. Its done it in the past but had gone away. It flys fine no issues with it never really have. The last time I had issues with it was when I was brand spankin new and had a small crash where it landed on concrete on its top. Only about 5 feet off the ground but.. it bent two motor housings ever so slightly. While I have not crashed since then I did forget to latch my pelican case that was sitting on my truck seat (a moment of forgetfulness Grrrr) and yard saled my box...once again the vision lands on its top. BUT I diagnosed it as best as I can and it does not appear to have any vibration or bent housings this time.

Does anyone have any experience with tiny jitters, twitches or something similar while hovering? I have calibrated it. Flow in different locations including ones where it previously flew perfect to no avail. Im wondering if its an ESC issue, motor issue or some other glitch.

I need to get this hovering nicely again before Hawaii in April. Any constructive advice is very appreciated. I'll fly it tomorrow and post a video of it from its view and my view to make the issue more clear.

Thanks ahead of time,

Your friendly neighborhood fireman..James

JJ one simple item easily missed are the rubber bushings, make sure they're intact and free. If torn or immobilized by secure ties such as by cat gut or zip ties, the camera mount won't dampen normal vibrations properly.

Check for sluggishness or binding in the motors, do they spin freely by hand? Check the soldered leads between the ESC boards and Central board for cold solder joints/intermittent connections. Pull each motor and check its C-clip/E-clip to make sure they're secure. Remove the props & throttle the motors while listening for any unusual sounds. Check the NAZA module to make sure its mounted correctly.

iDrone :idea:

After closer inspection really sitting and looking at it.. I think I found the problem. I must have bent a motor housing again. With the props on I can see a wobble in two props. Before when I looked at it I couldn't see it. Course I didn't have the props on so I guess it was harder to see and I missed it. I shall rebuild them. Hopefully sourcing parts won't be an issue.

Thanks for the input iDrone. Luckily I think I figured it out. The overwhelming response to my question from the members of this helpful forum sure helped. :lol:

Luckily Im pretty self sufficient.

JJ

I think the level of response is testament to the generally robust nature of the vehicle! People are either crashing them and having no problems, or reallycrashing them and destroying them completely/drowning them. I think yours is one of the few "middle ground" ones where it didn't get off scot free, but you didn't total it.

Please let us know how your repair goes, though - that will be really useful for a lot of us some day I suspect. :D

Pull_Up said:
I think the level of response is testament to the generally robust nature of the vehicle! People are either crashing them and having no problems, or reallycrashing them and destroying them completely/drowning them. I think yours is one of the few "middle ground" ones where it didn't get off scot free, but you didn't total it.

Please let us know how your repair goes, though - that will be really useful for a lot of us some day I suspect. :D

Could be. Lucky me. Ive banged up my motors twice. Got the new motors today. Actually one motor and one motor housing (the outside that the prop actually attaches to) The guys at Aerial Media Pros were kind enough to give me a spare housing off one of theirs that went bad. I bought the other one. Definitely nice to have them so close so I can just run over and grab it. Good guys too..especially Mitch (who is a spitting image for Jack Black).

Should have the copter done tomorrow. Im guessing it will fly fine after (I hope).

Thanks for chiming in.

JJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj