My Vision Crashed 2 times in a row with a gimbal

Be glad it wasn't a tree you flew into

I did lately during my latest(second from latest) flight I clipped a free limb while flying fpv and didn't know it till I seen the sky in the live feed then nothing(it crashed and the battery popped out)

That scared me as I thought it had nuked my camera or worse the phantom itself luckly it was only the wiring to the gimble which I repaired the same day(not fun)

The Goodluck Gimbal over compensating the tilt really annoys me. Without gimbal, when you stop, the camera will tilt up. But with this gimbal, it will tilt down when you stops it. You can notice it in the video. Any expert knows how to fix this ? thanks in advance!

What mode was you in ?? Looks like from the vid your right toggle is in the middle or Atti.

It takes a light touch. You can't transition from full forward to all stop just by releasing the stick, you need to EASE it back. It takes a lot of practice. That's the mark of a drone videographer with a lot of experience.

Flying low to the ground like that is not advisable... GPS will stabilize flight, but forward stick always causes the Phantom to dip down a bit... As you move forward it recovers and rises back up.
I think the type of flying you are doing in the video is the primary cause of your crash.

You need a small stunt quad to fly in and around trees at low altitude IMO.
Something a little more manueverable and not so expensive as the Vision.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1