My video recording keeps stopping by itself

I'm having same issue when
With my SanDisk 32gb card. It was working fine until I upgraded dji go app. I hope this is the case with my p3a. Guess I'll just use my card it came with for now then get another one u guys recommended. Just socks that it was working fine then all of the sudden it starts having problems. I figured when I upgraded to 1.9 firmware it would fix the problem but it did not.

Same issue here it's sporadic. I recorded like 1 min 35 seconds then 30 seconds. It was also my first flight since the update. I'm going to try reformatting.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When yours stopped recording did your screen or picture act weird? Mine went out for like 10 sec. Then picture came back. That was weird????

No it just stopped and it took a few seconds before I could record again

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have no personal experience with the samsung card but I'm very sure about the sandisc ultra and it's reputation as a bad card.
If you try any one of the cards I suggested I'm sure your problem will go away.
I have three Sandisk Ultra 64gb cards and I haven't had a single issue with them.

FWIW, I had this issue with my el-cheapo 32's as well. I formatted them with the App and I've not had the issue since and now I just format them regularly. The issue really seemed to present itself after I had pulled a few videos off and trashed them (I'm on a Mac) and cleared the trash.

Usually when it happened, I would hit record again and it would stop a few seconds later. The video that was on the card was glitched.

Was really aggravating.

You have bought the wrong sd card,sorry.
The sandisc ultra is notorious for being sub standard and although it is said to be class 10 and good enough for HD video recording it is not.
These cards have been regularly failing when recording only 1080p so if you try to record 4K you will definately run into a failure.
Take it back and demand a full refund.

If you must use sandisc use the Extreme or Extreme plus.

Better still get a Lexar 633x,that will work with 4K.
Lexar® High-Performance 633x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-I cards | Lexar Australia

Also don't buy any sd cards off the internet,there are too many counterfeit cards out there to take the risk.
I have a sandisc ultra 64gb with no problem other than than the 4gig limit but it just starts a new file. Someone posted that if you format with the app you don't have the 4gig limit but I have found that not to be true.

I have a sandisc ultra 64gb with no problem other than than the 4gig limit but it just starts a new file. Someone posted that if you format with the app you don't have the 4gig limit but I have found that not to be true.
I have a P3P so I am recording in 4K.

The 4 GB file limit is imposed by the format of the card - FAT32. Unless DJI changes that (fat chance) neither the app or anything else will fix it.

Lately this thing happens to me also.... I have a p3s, and i'm using the 8gb card provided with the drone... and the recording sometimes stops. It started happening about 2 weeks ago, first i thought the it stopped recording because i was having a weak signal (and i thought it stopped recording because it disconnected or something), even tho i could have sworn that before the drone continued the recording even when i lost connection (but i'm not sure, maybe i'm wrong).
Today it sopped the recording 2 times and it was 5 metes away... before interrupting the recording, the last seconds of the video always looks weird.
what do you guys think? could my drone be defective?

First off, you didn't stop the video manually - yes? (Always think of the obvious cases.) If you are taking video and hit the record button on the left side of the RC, the video stops. Easy to do....Ask me why I know this.

Have you formatted the SC card in the camera recently? That's sort of like rebooting a PC - cures a host of difficult to figure out issues. Good place to start.

Tried another card? SC cards can go bad. They are pretty robust but not completely impervious to failure. Especially when you run them through the dryer (the washer is pretty benign).

You should always carry at least one SD spare. They do break. And they are so damned small that it is possible to lose them in the carpet or grass.

First off, you didn't stop the video manually - yes? (Always think of the obvious cases.) If you are taking video and hit the record button on the left side of the RC, the video stops. Easy to do....Ask me why I know this.

Have you formatted the SC card in the camera recently? That's sort of like rebooting a PC - cures a host of difficult to figure out issues. Good place to start.

Tried another card? SC cards can go bad. They are pretty robust but not completely impervious to failure. Especially when you run them through the dryer (the washer is pretty benign).

You should always carry at least one SD spare. They do break. And they are so damned small that it is possible to lose them in the carpet or grass.

thanks for the quick reply.... no i didn't stopped the video manually, the RC for P3S doesn't even have a record button on it as far as i can tell :), besides one time i had the RC on the table and i was trying to take a shot with the drone in my hand (without flying), i was 2 meters away from the RC and the video stopped recording.
i haven't formatted the card since i started having this issue, i'll try this tomorrow, and i'll also go and buy another one just to see if it happens again.

But i don't think the problem is the card, because when i have this issue, the live feed on the phone also acts weird for a second or two, i have uploaded a screenshot captured from the last frames of a recording that stopped. The live feed on the phone is also weird like this, should't the live feed be ok even if the card fails? It kinda looks like the drone losses connection with the RC, but even if that is the case shouldn't the recording keep going?

Attachments

• DJI_0364.MP4_snapshot_00.12_[2016.07.22_18.38.20].jpg
    DJI_0364.MP4_snapshot_00.12_[2016.07.22_18.38.20].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 333
I had this issue a couple of months ago, would turn itself off aftwr 2 seconds and the clip was pixelated green and blue screen, posted here and was advised to format the card, that cured it, no issues since, it probably didn't help that I was constantly removing the card from the aircraft to watch full quality vids on my tablet

Reactions: WetDog

I HAVE A P3A AND WAS NOT HAVING A PROBLEM UNTIL THE LAST UPDATE. I'M ALMOST CERTAIN THAT I'M USING A SANDISK ULTRA. I JUST WENT AND FORMATTED THE CARD WITH THE DJI GO APP AND IT APPEARS TO BE RECORDING WITHOUT STOPPING. I DO BELIEVE THE UPDATE MADE THE PROBLEM HOWEVER FORMATING THE CARD CORRECTED THAT.

If it really is due to an update issue, then it is a new problem. Not sure that I would agree with the causality but if it goes away, it's hard to get all wound up.

well, i tried your advice guys and I formatted the card with the dji go app and took the drone for a spin in two separate days, and i haven't had the issue since. so thanks for the help, and for the quick responses!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok, so I've had about 4 or 5 flights now on my P3A, and one thing I've noticed is that my video recording will not stay going the entire time. For most of the flights, I was using a 32GB card (this one). Last night, it recorded for a little over 6 minutes and then stopped on its own . . . no warning, so I didn't even realize until after I had landed.

Then tonight, it was way worse. I could barely record for a few seconds. I was using a different card (this one), however, this is the same card I use in my GoPro to record 1080 at 60 fps with no issues.

Tomorrow I will try the card that it came with, but still, these are fast cards I'm using, they should work. Any ideas?
Try this: up the top of the screen to the right of the "ready to go gps" is a tab HD with a signal bar with it , tap that and take it off auto, select custom then choose a channel, you may have to experiment with different channels. I found channel 13 worked for me . since I did that .......no more camera problems.

Try this: up the top of the screen to the right of the "ready to go gps" is a tab HD with a signal bar with it , tap that and take it off auto, select custom then choose a channel, you may have to experiment with different channels. I found channel 13 worked for me . since I did that .......no more camera problems

Same problem since firmware update. I think I'm recording only to discover it has stopped. Makes it hard to film. So many with problem since update. Come on DJI, help us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20