My TXMTR only works in d-bus mode, is this ok?

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom yesterday and I went through the process of upgrading the firmware and installing the default parameters like the instructions said. However when I tried to calibrate the compass before my first flight, I only got flashing yellow LEDs, indicating no connection with the transmitter. To make a long story short; I had to switch from PPM to D-bus to get it to work. It calibrated and seems to work just fine. I just wondered if everything (GPS, return home function), for example, will work like its supposed to in this mode. The gps seems to work fine and it hovers if I let go of both sticks; I just want to make sure everything is right before I get too far along. Thanks; Steve

The easy way to tell is to count the antenna leads coming out of the holes in the bottom of the body (where the legs attach)...if you only have one, then your control mode should be PPM, if you have two then it should be D-Bus.

It was probably set to D-Bus by default, and then got switched when you did the firmware upgrade (which has been known to happen). Sounds like you've got it working now, and if the NAZA responds to all your control input properly you're in the right mode.

OI Photography said:
The easy way to tell is to count the antenna leads coming out of the holes in the bottom of the body (where the legs attach)...if you only have one, then your control mode should be PPM, if you have two then it should be D-Bus.

It was probably set to D-Bus by default, and then got switched when you did the firmware upgrade (which has been known to happen). Sounds like you've got it working now, and if the NAZA responds to all your control input properly you're in the right mode.

Mine has 2 antennas so I guess that answers my question. Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub