My turn for crash...of course it had to be over water.

What does the flight record look like? And the flight log?
Can I get those without the aircraft? As far as I know, all I have is the flight info shown in the YouTube video.

Reactions: envisionabove
VPS was on, but I was at least 100ft, probably closer to 200ft in the air, not close to the water. No chance anyone shot it. I know all of the neighbors and heard no shots.

Can I get those without the aircraft? As far as I know, all I have is the flight info shown in the YouTube video.
theres a log file on your phone too. someone can point you to where it is located.

VPS was on, but I was at least 100ft, probably closer to 200ft in the air, not close to the water. No chance anyone shot it. I know all of the neighbors and heard no shots.
Yuh thought you might have been a few feet but no issue there.

I can't seem to get the log file uploaded right now. I will upload it later today. Hopefully I will find my P3P by then as well.

Reactions: JohnK

I'm not sure that VPS works very well over water.

Interesting, it loses control just as you begin to ascend at maximum rate. One of the most power intensive times. And then the out of control zig zag pattern, kinda does lean towards a prop or motor IMO

Did you have video caching on? You should have the video feed stored on that phone locally. Could give some insight.

An alligator grabbed it. I wouldn't dive in there or u will have the same demise.

Run your log through healthy drones.com to see if there were power, compass, or other issues. Their video will show you how to get logs off of your device.

Did you have video caching on? You should have the video feed stored on that phone locally. Could give some insight.

I was going to say the same thing. I'd be interested to see what the camera shows... Get the video file from your phone and post it.

Run your log through healthy drones.com to see if there were power, compass, or other issues. Their video will show you how to get logs off of your device.

Ditto that ... that is an excellent site.

I experienced a similar issue about a month ago. Mine crashed into a vacant parking lot and was a total loss. Sent into DJI in early July....they have had it for a month. I called them earlier this week and it is being repaired at no charge and should ship back to me next week (9/1-ish)....Here is a gaggle of links showing the incident:
YouTube link of the incident from the UAV's perspective.
Flight data from the bird
Flight data from iPhone 6 plus
Weather for that day if the incident from UAV weather forecast
Pilot App Flight Record

Reactions: JKDSensei
You know - mine did the same thing this week. I was certain I had a bad battery because it only freaked out and twisted, turned and tossed in the air with a single battery. I was lucky to get it down.

But then yesterday it happened with a totally different battery. I just called DJI LA office and got a msg that they're experiencing high call volume. It told me to call back later and hung up. Good luck.

I experienced a similar issue about a month ago. Mine crashed into a vacant parking lot and was a total loss. Sent into DJI in early July....they have had it for a month. I called them earlier this week and it is being repaired at no charge and should ship back to me next week (9/1-ish)....Here is a gaggle of links showing the incident:
YouTube link of the incident from the UAV's perspective.
Flight data from the bird
Flight data from iPhone 6 plus
Weather for that day if the incident from UAV weather forecast
Pilot App Flight Record

Run your log through healthydrones.com; it shows you were in Atti flight mode - means you had no gps or vision positioning support - you were 100% pilot in command. Odds are, you were not able to keep it stable in this mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4