My trip to nature (vid)!

mfp

Reaction score
Hey all, I took the V+ with me to the mountains on a day trip.

I was undecided if I was going to fly but made the decision as I got in place for the shot and even though I didn't have GPS lock on the ground, it was going between 5 and 6 satellites. Once I got it up, I could see it lock and I was ok. But it kept drifting on me and I wasn't sure what that was, maybe compass issue, not sure, no I didn't calibrate.

As I'm up I'm terrified of crashing and said to myself, that is good just bring it down and be done with the footage. As I land in my right hand I turn it off and I was relieved I didn't crash into the rocks, only to find out the video record didn't take. Not sure what happened, I know I pressed record, it somehow shut off on it's own because I had the first few seconds just before takeoff.

OMG, I'm terrified again because I just have to get this footage. So I do the whole sequence over again, sweating bullets.

But this time I get the footage to take. What do you all think? I know the video has issues, like jello effect. Not sure what to do about that.

http://youtu.be/s5eOTbmMcz0

I see more than jello effect.Seems like a video flicker or frame rate issue. What were your settings for the camera?

Camera settings are 720p 60fps, Auto WB and Auto ISO.

I think the flicker effect is exacerbated by the fact that I slowed down the video, there was only about a minute of footage and I needed to extend it out a little.

I think I'll switch to 30 fps? Any other suggestions out there?

Falls up close...

Attachments

• falls.jpg
    falls.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 409

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20