My Third Flight

Was quite windy and actually had to bring it down as there was a short shower..
Rest of the day was fun

Great video but ditch the prop guards. They only add drag. I would only use them for indoor flying or around trees.
What country is that?
Hey, when you fly how much do you Los and the monitor? I mean after looking a few secs at the ac high up in the sky you almost are blind on your ipad screen

I was trembling going only 120 meters high lol
120 m is a good height.

Things to keep in mind when flying high:

1. Wind speed is much higher at higher altitudes. Keep checking if your P3 is stable.
2. You have better connections at higher heights
3. Less chance of any trees and buildings
4. Aircraft looks smaller and chances of getting lost if not careful
5. Falling from 100' or 400' will probably have the same damage
6. Do not go near circling birds as you might get trapped into thermals in hot countries
7. For me, 200-250' is the ideal flying height. 100' is risky and 400' is not needed.

120 m is a good height.

Things to keep in mind when flying high:

1. Wind speed is much higher at higher altitudes. Keep checking if your P3 is stable.
2. You have better connections at higher heights
3. Less chance of any trees and buildings
4. Aircraft looks smaller and chances of getting lost if not careful
5. Falling from 100' or 400' will probably have the same damage
6. Do not go near circling birds as you might get trapped into thermals in hot countries
7. For me, 200-250' is the ideal flying height. 100' is risky and 400' is not needed.
Tx Alok.. But why is 100 risky and 200 safe? Birds?

Simple, 200' will have more ground clearance.

Simple, 200' will have more ground clearance.
Hi again alok, bear with me with my silly queries pls. Do you always have an eye on ur horizontal displacement on the monitor when its high up at 200? I mean its easy to miss at that height to know if its really drifting with the wind or simply trying hard to maintain position

Normally I use my monitor to look at the radar or to check how far I have flown. P3/P4 are capable of handling winds say upto 25mph.

It is easy to see if the p3 is drifting on the monitor. If you can't tell, then it isn't drifting.
Also the Horizontal Distance would be changing.
Some day you will try ATTI mode and you will know the difference.

I flew all day with some wind in atti mode ... Not too high or far but was a good learning experience with the throttles

It'll handle better and won't catch as much wind when you decide you're comfortable enough to take off the prop guards. Just remember to put the short screws back in if you take them off. If you put the long screws back in with the prop guards off, you're in trouble!

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4