My tablet does uncommanded re-boots inflight

Reaction score
For the first times this morning, while on a Litchi waypoint mission, my Google Nexus 7 (2nd gen) tablet re-booted mid-flight, and when I then brought up the Litchi app again, it said "Disconnected" and I could do nothing to restore my "sight" until I landed it.
I did think about switching the remote controller off then on again, but that would have triggered the RTH function anyway. Besides, it doesn't seem right to switch off the transmitter when the bird is flying!
After landing, I re-booted the remote controller, could then re-sync Litchi, re-select the mission, and off it went again, only to have the same thing happen again a couple of minutes into the flight.
The only thing which has changed since I last flew the P4 a couple of days ago, is to allow my tablet to update the Litchi app. It's now showing v3.10.1
The tablet was charged before the flight this morning too.
Has anyone else had their tablet/phone re-boot in flight?
Does it sound feasible that the Litchi upgrade might have something to do with this?

I also use a Nexus 7 2nd Gen with Litchi and did have an app freeze and subsequent reboot on one occasion. At that time I was able to regain communication as soon as I restarted Litchi. I have never had the issue repeat.

A rare Litchi app crash seems to be a possibility with most any tablet, but if it is happening regularly then something is wrong. I would suggest the following for maximum reliability:

1. Dedicate the device to flying, i.e. other than Lichi and DJI GO install as few other apps as as possible, and disable all of the built-in apps. Also disable automatic app updates and sync, basically you do not want it doing anything in the background unless you tell it to.
2. Disable WiFi when flying unless you need it for something.
3. Restart the device just before flying, this ensures that you are starting out with a clean system and clean memory.

I also use a Nexus 7 2nd Gen with Litchi and did have an app freeze and subsequent reboot on one occasion. At that time I was able to regain communication as soon as I restarted Litchi. I have never had the issue repeat.

A rare Litchi app crash seems to be a possibility with most any tablet, but if it is happening regularly then something is wrong. I would suggest the following for maximum reliability:

1. Dedicate the device to flying, i.e. other than Lichi and DJI GO install as few other apps as as possible, and disable all of the built-in apps. Also disable automatic app updates and sync, basically you do not want it doing anything in the background unless you tell it to.
2. Disable WiFi when flying unless you need it for something.
3. Restart the device just before flying, this ensures that you are starting out with a clean system and clean memory.
I'd suggest that if you've got Go and Litchi on the Nexus, that you force stop DJI Go, (settings, apps, DJI Go, force stop) to prevent it interfering. Also maybe don't work it hard by running anything else whilst flying, plus what smiller says

I'd suggest that if you've got Go and Litchi on the Nexus, that you force stop DJI Go, (settings, apps, DJI Go, force stop) to prevent it interfering.
Yes, good point, add that as number 4. In theory DJI GO should not attempt to access the USB port while it is owned by Litchi but force-quitting the app to be certain nothing is running in the background sure can't hurt.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj