my super cheap DIY antenna mod

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've made a DIY antenna mod to my p3s in a very cheap way.

I have not yet tested the mod in good weather conditions, but the improvements are very noticeable.

Let me know what you think

here it is the video of the installation:

and the video of the first test with bat weather:

Good mod! My stock P3S can go 1600 meters(1 mile) before signal lost. I think I will try either windsurfer mod or even this mod to test longer range. :)

Good mod! My stock P3S can go 1600 meters(1 mile) before signal lost. I think I will try either windsurfer mod or even this mod to test longer range. :)
Are you on fcc or ce mode? i went 1460 with the windsurfer but with few video stability problems.

I am in ce mode btw

Are you on fcc or ce mode? i went 1460 with the windsurfer but with few video stability problems.

I am in ce mode btw
I am in US so I guess it was in FCC. Is there anywhere I can tell from the log? The first video signal lost around 5000 feet(~1520meters).

I am in US so I guess it was in FCC. Is there anywhere I can tell from the log? The first video signal lost around 5000 feet(~1520meters).

I dont know if it is shown in thel log, but you are in fcc for sure :)

In that mode runs better than us unfortunate european folks, 1500mt is very good though.

I will do another test asap with good weather, I am looking for 2000mt

Reactions: finalfantasyfan
Hi guys, I've made a DIY antenna mod to my p3s in a very cheap way.

I have not yet tested the mod in good weather conditions, but the improvements are very noticeable.

Let me know what you think

here it is the video of the installation:

and the video of the first test with bat weather:

Great video! It seems the links from parts list in your YouTube video description isn't working. Do you mind posting the links to the parts here?

Hi Pilots...I did a range test with my P3s this morning in an isolated area, I got out to 1725m (1.076 mile) had my Tom Tech wifi booster on the remote. I am pleased with result!

I will! I'm also waiting for the delivery of a 5.8ghz 20dbi omni one

20dbi OMG !!! Is it a indoor antenna or outdoor can you send a picture ?

I just got me some 11dbi 2.4ghz antennas I'm going to shop me this weekend the 14dbi 5.8ghz antenna hope I get some good range

Wifi antenna how's these bad boys.

Attachments

• 1456420342493.jpg
    1456420342493.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 661
20dbi OMG !!! Is it a indoor antenna or outdoor can you send a picture ?

I just got me some 11dbi 2.4ghz antennas I'm going to shop me this weekend the 14dbi 5.8ghz antenna hope I get some good range
i have not received it yet... I am going to take delivery of it in one or two days...

It's about 35-40cm long LOL

Last edited:

I just had a look at your antenna you purchased its dual band which is 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz .. this might not work for range but will work for wifi ,,

reason it might not work is because the remote transmitter is 5.725 GHz – 5.825 GHz,

and your antenna stops at 5.0ghz . it does not go beyond that ...

this is just my opinion taking in account the specs that's on the box and the specs of your antenna

o well its worth a try let me know whats the outcome I just hope im wrong and you get fantastic range ..
im hoping you get about 1000m

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik