My scariest flight yet!

I've practiced at low altitude 1-2 ft with batt level forcing it to stay in flight upon low batt auto land to see how long before batt shutdown and usually at 6-7% it will shutoff battery and just drop

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've practiced at low altitude 1-2 ft with batt level forcing it to stay in flight upon low batt auto land to see how long before batt shutdown and usually at 6-7% it will shutoff battery and just drop

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
WOW, I was testing the other day at under 10% battery nearby, 10' off the ground, giving full up throttle to maintain altitude just to see what happens in case I ever get that low, and your saying my motors were about to shut down? I'll have to look at my flight log to see where I was when I landed. I thought it was around 6%.

UPDATE: my flight log said I landed at 9%. I only messed with the "maintaining altitude" trick below 10% battery for 15 seconds, then landed. Glad I didn't go down to 7%, whew.

How many times have you experienced the total motor shutdown at 6-7%?

Last edited:
great story. How do you over ride the auto landing it does when the battery is low?

RTH would have worked, but it notorious at taking it's time to get back home. With battery at a premium, it's always best to take the sticks and fly her back yourself, assuming you know where she is and her orientation at the time.

I believe RTH applys the most efficient amount of power. As other have stated that is not full speed.
DJI could have made it "balls to the walls". But they chose something else for a reason.
But if your battery is low RTH speed might be the best.

You mean like the Great Lakes ? Yes , been there . And winds dont always blow towards shore my friend.

I was at the mouth of the Saint Claire River, just North of the Blue Water Bridge and flying out and then back across Lake Huron.

On the way out I was going between 50-57 mph, in S mode, altitude most 60 ft. So, a 5-12 mph tail wind. On the way back at between 60-100 feet, on either P or S modes, it never went over 24 mph, so a strong heading.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I was wondering the same thing, perhaps if you are in RTH mode and you take control of the sticks the P4 locks to home? I noticed today I could control the P4 whilst in RTH mode and it didn't cancel. I cancelled RTH after this so didn't get a chance to test it properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj