My RC wont update the new firmware but the phantom 3's update was a success. Is it still safe to fly

Reaction score
Im having a hard time updating my rc. I already updated the phantom 3. now i followed the step by steep procedure about updating the rc. but the rc is not responding with the update. Now i checked with the Dji go and was hoping that i can update it there. But now i checked the Aircraft state : Overall Status : Normal. isnt it suppose to say "need update"

Is it safe to fly with this state?

If you installed the previous firmware update, then there is no update for the remote controller. You'll see that note in the firmware release notes on DJI's download page.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkEmblem
Yeah I aldready did updated the previous firmware. So your telling me that I dont need to update the rc? just the phantom itself? If thats the case...

YOU ARE A SAVIOR! thanks man! im having a hard time figuring this out. Thank you so much!

Right. You're all set.

I got all updated and can't seem to find all the new features when I go to overall status it shows I have done all the latest updates, so why can't I use way point or home ,course lock. etc?????
I am using iPad

I got all updated and can't seem to find all the new features when I go to overall status it shows I have done all the latest updates, so why can't I use way point or home ,course lock. etc?????
I am using iPad
I think you have to switch from p to f on the RC

I am using iPad
Flip the switch to Function mode
and it will show

I am using iPad
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441646492.078601.jpg

Before we only have Course Lock,. now with the new update. we now have Home lock,. Point of interest, follow and waypoints

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd