My range seems to be less any suggestions?

Reaction score
I noticed last week or so that my range before losing signal appears to be much less?? Wondering if anyone has some suggestions as to what I can look for? I did start shooting in 2.7 rather then 1080 but other then that I have changed nothing! What appears to happen lately is I have full signal then a very brief warning of low RC signal then its gone completely. Anyway I know we got lots of real experienced pilots here so please if anyone has any suggestions I welcome them......

if the only thing you've changed is recording resolution (ie, antennas are aligned the same, same location, etc) try again while shooting in 1080 and see if it makes a difference. you need to rule out whether what you are doing differently is the cause.

As others have mentioned, maybe RF interference. Maybe high voltage cables from pylons can also mitigate the signal, just like WiFi as they share the same 2.4Ghz spectrum. How about a different channel?

Thanks guys for the suggestions! Likley some new interference but I will try video at the 1080 rather then the 2k but cannot see how that would make a diff but you never know I guess! I have the DBS Mod already installed

It is possible that geomagnetic disturbance is to blame. The Northern lights are being seen even from southern Britain at the moment so maybe the solar activity is to blame?

It is possible that geomagnetic disturbance is to blame. The Northern lights are being seen even from southern Britain at the moment so maybe the solar activity is to blame?
It's possible I guess and why I posted as I am really curious as to what is happening

As others have mentioned, maybe RF interference. Maybe high voltage cables from pylons can also mitigate the signal, just like WiFi as they share the same 2.4Ghz spectrum. How about a different channel?

I was getting ranges of (easily) 6-7,000 feet. Started a few flights by my mom's house (and she's on a hill) and I noticed I was getting a loss of RC signal at about 3,000 feet--even though I launched from an elevated site. Then I remembered the 80 foot tall high tension lines I had to fly alongside. Significant loss of signal in the area of those power lines...

Best bang for the buck is buy a WindSurfer antenna Dynamic 3D Solutions and next would be a DBS antenna.

Reactions: bobmyers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik