My PS3 controller cutting off

Well not to be a smart you know what, but that's it, it keeps cutting off about 5 min into flight, with no warning. I can turn it back on and cancel return to home, but it will do it again in a few minutes.

Please don't think I was trying to be funny. If you don't describe the symptoms, no one can help.

When you say cut off do you mean power off? Lose signal? Any beeps? Lights on or off?
If it powers off then you likely have a a faulty radio battery/charge curcuit.

Powers off is what I mean, no beeps, lights on, even the app is still up, it just goes dim when it loses signal, I turn the controller back on and cancel return to home and it's ok for a few minutes.

It is still confusing to me.
If your controller powers off, then why "lights on" as you said?
What "goes dim when it loses signal"?

Powers off is what I mean, no beeps, lights on, even the app is still up, it just goes dim when it loses signal, I turn the controller back on and cancel return to home and it's ok for a few minutes.
The more specific that you can be with the details, the more likely it will be to get help on here. If you could describe a flight when this happen and what you did and where it went, that could help out.

• When you say "powers off", do you mean the app on the phone or the RC?
  • Is everything stock or have you replaced or augmented any of the equipment? Original batteries?
  • When you say "goes dim", do you mean the app on the phone, the lights on the RC, or the lights on the AC?
  • How far is the AC from you when you lose control? Is it far away, right close by, etc? Does it happen always at the 5 minute mark?
  • If you just let it hover close to you (safely close to you) for 5 minutes, do you still lose control at the 5 minute mark?
  • Have you retrieved the logs and loaded them into a site like Airdata UAV? If something was going on with the AC, it should show up there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr