My predicament...

Reaction score
So.. I just sold my P3P a decent amount to put toward buying a P4. My cousin works at a major retailer and will sell it to me on his employee discount of $1155. So all that is awesome. BUT like a lot of other people I'm disappointed at the apparent short coming of the P4. Range, battery life, etc. I'm dying to buy it, especially having sold my P3, but I don't want to but it if issues are gonna be fixed by DJI in the near future. Someone please talk some sense into me! lol

If I was you I would buy. That's a good price. I've had no issues with mine. I get 25 mins on all my batteries and I've flown out to 20,100' with no signal loss. I think depends on where you are at though. I'm out in the middle of nowhere. Which is good for signal, but I don't think it has any bearing on the battery life. I'm happy with my battery life. I'm going into town tomorrow and I'm going to fly in an urban environment to see how the range is. I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If I was you I would buy. That's a good price. I've had no issues with mine. I get 25 mins on all my batteries and I've flown out to 20,100' with no signal loss. I think depends on where you are at though. I'm out in the middle of nowhere. Which is good for signal, but I don't think it has any bearing on the battery life. I'm happy with my battery life. I'm going into town tomorrow and I'm going to fly in an urban environment to see how the range is. I'll let you know.

Keep us posted Farmer, I haven't heard of anybody getting 25 minutes yet on stock battery

Reactions: maseman88
The reason there is a sticky thread for range/battery issues is to avoid people from being discouraged. Aside from the complaints about battery lasting 24 minutes instead of 28, there are a lot of positives to P4 and a lot of happy users. Just got to scroll through the negativity threads and ignore the noise.

Keep us posted Farmer, I haven't heard of anybody getting 25 minutes yet on stock battery
My last two flights were between 24 and 25 mins. One was about 10 seconds shy of 25 mins. I had 9% and 10% battery left in those flights. I saw someone post this morning that he got almost 26 mins, but he only had 3% left. 9-10% is about as far as I'm going to take mine. So I don't think I'll see the "approx. 28 mins" that they say you can get. But it also depends on what DJI's idea of "approx" is. Either way, I'm happy with my P4. Now tomorrow when I go fly in town it might be a different story. If I have the range problems everyone else has, I might be a little upset. So far out in the desert I have great range.

Reactions: Techcop50
So.. I just sold my P3P a decent amount to put toward buying a P4. My cousin works at a major retailer and will sell it to me on his employee discount of $1155. So all that is awesome. BUT like a lot of other people I'm disappointed at the apparent short coming of the P4. Range, battery life, etc. I'm dying to buy it, especially having sold my P3, but I don't want to but it if issues are gonna be fixed by DJI in the near future. Someone please talk some sense into me! lol

It's tough being without a bird. But i dunno. Over the last 16 months I've had my share of DJI RMA's, cracks, defective parts straight out of the box and customer service...or the lack there of. DJI did release an updated P3P not too long after the initial P3P. My 2nd P3P was definitely better than the first (Motors, shell, etc.) albeit for the price. So there is something to be said about waiting until the dust settles. So when you do buy... the kinks have been worked out, updated, changed or whatever. You'll make the call on what to do. There's really no right or wrong decision here. Just go with your gut.

It's tough being without a bird. But i dunno. Over the last 16 months I've had my share of DJI RMA's, cracks, defective parts straight out of the box and customer service or the lack there of. DJI did release and updated P3P not long after the initial P3P. My 2nd P3P was definitely better than the first albeit for the same money. Motors, shell, etc. So there is something to be said about waiting until the dust settles...so when you do buy... the kinks have been worked out, updated, changed or whatever. You'll make the call on what to do. There's really no right or wrong decision here. Just go with your gut.

While you do have a valid point, that game is never ending... Oh let's wait for updates, time goes by - okay updates came out, well in a couple of months they might release the P4A model - couple months go by, P4A comes out, WELL P5 SHOULD BE SOON, might as well wait for the latest and the greatest - P5 comes out.... ahh only a couple more months for updates and maybe P5A.

While you do have a valid point, that game is never ending... Oh let's wait for updates, time goes by - okay updates came out, well in a couple of months they might release the P4A model - couple months go by, P4A comes out, WELL P5 SHOULD BE SOON, might as well wait for the latest and the greatest - P5 comes out.... ahh only a couple more months for updates and maybe P5A.
LOL. Exactly.

Reactions: Ramphex
It's the same with iPhones and new releases every year, I see people debating all the time and then end up having an iPhone 4 when iPhone 6s is already out :-D
LOL even louder! Yes. Thats why I said screw it and bought another P3P last week to replace the one I crashed. Pretty much the same camera but the bird has been flown for about a year so it's at least tested. Then had to return it for an exchange last Saturday because the camera was out of focus in the center of the frame! I SHOULD HAVE MY HEAD EXAMINED CONTINUING THIS HOBBY!!!! Should have it next week. Sorry for the off topic post.

Peace.

Reactions: Bigdz
The new P4 is very enticing. However, I have 4 batteries, a case, after market charger and wind surfer. So I'm going to enjoy the P3 for awhile longer before I sell her--or just keep as a spare and get the P4.

Thanks for the different opinions guys. I cant tell you how disappointing it is to be all ready to buy the P4 but having reservations about it now because of the negative things about it. Cant get myself to pull the trigger, I don't wanna regret it later. ****!

Reactions: jogforfitness
That's a killer price $5 less than what most dealer buy them for I say buy it.

Read the positives...I had to return my first one at the apple store. But now im flying making money with my 4. I usually hold off buying any new model while bugs are worked out but I had a buyer for my p3. I would highly recommend buying from the apple store, for exchanging is really easy. Heard best buy will sell the 4, but not sure about exchanges. I love the 4 and i am becoming more impressed on each flight. BTW I took a 1000.00 hit whe I sold my 3 month old p3.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl