My Pictures are angled and I'm not sure why???!

Joeg1937 said:
Did you do a visual check of your gimbal ? Could have been bent slightly.....
Nothing appears to be bent. My Phantom is only a week old and has never been dropped or had any bad landings. I can clearly see the flat edge of the shaft is not in line with the horizontal lines of the camera so this is a manufacturing issue, however it is minor enough to warrant changing the offsets in the code as you would with an AlexMos based controller. Just a shame DJI don't expose any tweaking settings for the gimbal itself.

Starting to think that I should consider changing the Phantom to NAZA-M mode and see if I can set the gimbal servo travel centre value on roll to correct the level?

Bum, even with the controller in NAZA mode the gimbal settings are not exposed to the end user. The NAZA software won't recognise that controller even though it is in NAZA mode. Hope they can come up with a fix for this via software soon?

jgrouse said:
Joeg1937 said:
Did you do a visual check of your gimbal ? Could have been bent slightly.....
Nothing appears to be bent. My Phantom is only a week old and has never been dropped or had any bad landings. I can clearly see the flat edge of the shaft is not in line with the horizontal lines of the camera so this is a manufacturing issue, however it is minor enough to warrant changing the offsets in the code as you would with an AlexMos based controller. Just a shame DJI don't expose any tweaking settings for the gimbal itself.

Yep I am dealing with this on nearly a daily basis. They flash the firmware with incorrect motor alignment and it records that potentiometer value as the zero set and then that value can conflict with the IMU?..... They are also dependent upon the IMU calibration and that can change the tilt from one day to the next. Its a crying shame its not open like the alexmos controllers that are absolutely rock solid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers