My Phantom Vision and the android app

Reaction score
How do you explain this, my Vision thinks its in China...?
On my Samsung Galaxy 4 the dji app gas a function named find my Phantom BUT when you open this a map of CHINA appears with a cross somewhere in the north east. I thought that after doing the compass reset dance it would show where I am -my back garden-but alas not so..? Anyone else seen this strange occurrence, give it a try and see what you get.

Hope this isn't going to cause a flyaway, know in android updates it will be months before an update is realised.

Sent from a GS4 using tapacrap

Move to China or get an iPhone? Ha ha! J/K

You might try getting a cheap iPod Touch. I lost my Phantom 1 and a "Find my Phantom" option is pretty important update to me in the Vision.

The find my phantom option still works in Android, it's just the mapping isn't street level. You can still see where you are and the phantom is in real time and could therefore still use the function if you somehow lost the aircraft.

They've already updated the android app 3 times since I installed it 10 days ago so I'm confident it'll be sorted before long.

That's funny had the app about a week well 6 days, no recent updates for my app.

From the app, go into the "settings - about" section, and "check new version". They release their own builds on their own servers first before it gets Play Store approval. If you've set your phone to allow installing .apk from non-Play Store sources then you get the updates as soon as they release them (although you do have to check manually using the above method). Depends on whether you're patient or not... ;)

1.0.32 mines on first Android phone this so cheers for that info.

Mine say 1.032 .. newest vesion now. And no "vesion" is not a typo that's what the app says.

Yep, that's the latest. I think I was on .26 or .27 when I first installed it. I have done at least 2 .apk downloads up to this version anyway. As I said, all it does is shortcut the delay in getting Play Store approval and listing - you won't get anything different, just get updates a little sooner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20