My Phantom not holding altitude

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive got a bit of a problem with my Phantom, it dose not seem to be holding its altitude very well it keep lowering down slowly it dose settle down after the battery has drained down a bit also it keep telling me its -600 ft this seems to change from -600 to +600 i have to restart it a couple of time and then it ok.

ohe1y.jpg

2e216wk.jpg

Calibrate the IMU, then the compass.

Btw, do you have any mods done to the quad? If so what?

hey thanks for the reply , Ive tried calibrating the IMU & compass and it don't help :( and nope no mods on my phantom

daylott said:
hey thanks for the reply , Ive tried calibrating the IMU & compass and it don't help :( and nope no mods on my phantom

What is the IMU read out in each of the 3 sections?

And what method do you use to calibrate the compass?

i use the method thats in the book for calibrating the compass.

here is the IMU read outs
2ztd27r.png

Probs not this seems you mention -600ft, but ~400ft isn't the limit on the "limits" page ?

dont ask lol have no idea what is wrong with the thing :( think im going to throw the thing out the window so annoying :(

so guys any ideas what wrong with my Phantom ? or do you thing i should send it to DJI or somthing.

Sounds like a barometric altimeter malfunction. I'm still pretty new to this myself but maybe one of the veterans can chime in if that's a possibility.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj