my phantom arrives tomorrow!

Reaction score
hi guys,
after a two week delay (thanks to the shitty shipping services in méxico) my quad finally arrives tomorrow. i have read the manual a few times, watched all kind of videos, have my stickers for my controller ready, read again the manual, did a manual inspection on the park where im planning my first flight (just to be sure there arent tall trees), read the manual again, downloaded dji software, prepared a mount i 3d printed for my camera and tonight, based on the buda video, ill oray to buda,

anything else im missing or something you recommend me?

as always, thanks guys for your support/help

greetings
/carlos

chapsrlz said:
hi guys,
after a two week delay (thanks to the shitty shipping services in méxico) my quad finally arrives tomorrow. i have read the manual a few times, watched all kind of videos, have my stickers for my controller ready, read again the manual, did a manual inspection on the park where im planning my first flight (just to be sure there arent tall trees), read the manual again, downloaded dji software, prepared a mount i 3d printed for my camera and tonight, based on the buda video, ill oray to buda,

anything else im missing or something you recommend me?

as always, thanks guys for your support/help

greetings
/carlos

fpv system asap..... other wise its just a toy

thanks haze
once i learned or at least feel confident flying ill install:
h3-3d zenmuse + hero+ black
dji avl58 + black pearl monitor
flytrex

Deadmeat said:
Some insurance might be a good idea.
Best of luck to you.

unfortunatelly there is no insurance for "drones" in méxico...
:(

booooom!

#happypanda

Attachments

• ph2.jpg
    ph2.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 307
chapsrlz said:
thanks haze
once i learned or at least feel confident flying ill install:
h3-3d zenmuse + hero+ black
dji avl58 + black pearl monitor
flytrex

You will learn to fly it better and faster with the FPV, Without you have no idea what you are looking at to shoot other then a guess from angle, and you also have no idea of your battery or telemetry while flying so if you go to long or to far away you dont know where your battery level is at and thats never good, in daylight it can be really hard to see LEDs flashing to see what level you are at.. Also it gives you a little more Security if problems go wring as you know what settings were on or not on and u can know how far out you are if anything goes wrong like crash or something else.

I didnt like flying it with out FPV i only look at P2 now on take off and landing almost never in sky

i had to wait about five hours between time of arrival and first flight (lots of work, rain) and i loved flying the quad. cant wait for tomorrow and give it a second try.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 445
second flight, with a different camera.

im loving this hobby :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 382
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    925.6 KB · Views: 359
If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest downloading the "Pilot Training Guide" from the "Support" section of the DJI web site. It has a series of graduated training exercises to learn to fly the Phantom systematically. Very useful!

thanks harryt, downloading as i type :)

third flight and im think im in love ;)

now back to work... next flight tomorrow :(

just downloaded pics and video from third flight
(actually thats not a pic, its a still from a 1920x1080 -1080p- video)
im still working in an intervalometer to shoot pics

:)

Attachments

• DSC00217.JPG
    DSC00217.JPG
    859.1 KB · Views: 296
fourth flight and had a couple mini heart attacks.

went out for another flight, but it was very windy, to practice controlling the quad (forward, back, turns, etc) and when my alarm marked 20 minutes (i have no fpv, ios, no nothing) i was about to perform a hand catch when the first warning about low battery flashed :shock: and the quad switched to autoland, which wouldnt be anything to worry about if not for a couple big trees between the quad and home point...

the quad slowly went up, and once it reached 20 meters it flew like a rocket to home point, where it started to slowly descend. second heart attack, the quad stoped about two meters in front of another big tree with the wind pushing it toward the tree... lucky my the quad landed succesfully and i learned my lesson.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost