My Phantom 4 Was Stolen! Any Suggestions???

Contact your LHS and see if anyone has come in for parts or info, chances r they don't know much about it and will b looking for both. Good luck keep us posted

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try to get it insured and this would be covered with no deductible.

Try State Farm but you may need to try a few agents before you find one that says OK. I have mine insured for $60 a year.
So, let me get this straight, your answer to this, with now it being easy to prove, is to commit a felony?! Really? That's your advise, commit insurance fraud, your really something and I'd hope the OP is a better man then you. Your partly to blame for outrageous prices to begin with. Shame on you man

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, let me get this straight, your answer to this, with now it being easy to prove, is to commit a felony?! Really? That's your advise, commit insurance fraud, your really something and I'd hope the OP is a better man then you. Your partly to blame for outrageous prices to begin with. Shame on you man

They make you bring in the drone before they'll write it to prevent something like that along with your receipt according to the agent I'm dealing with

In the UK most people have home insurance that will cover personal items away from the house. ie cameras, sports equipment etc etc. Usually we need to notify the insurance company for things that cost over say £1000. I bet lots if insurance is the same in the USA. Just say it is a camera!

I wonder if Healthy Drones would be a good way to indentify stolen drones?

If DJI was on top of their game they would implement a feature where anytime anyone launches a stolen aircraft it would notify the local police of location and rightful owner info.
Ah, careful what you ask for. That would mean that DJI knows (and is willing to give out) information on EVERYONE. I suspect they already have that if you synch the flight logs. There is nothing to keep them from looking at that data and in fact it is a treasure trove of marketing info. What happens when a local police department wants to check on EVERYONE's drone flights for some presumeably valid reason.

I don't sync my flights just because I don't care for DJI to know about them. YMMV, but DJI isn't a company that I would trust very far.

I would also like to know how this happened. This is one of my fears with my P4. Would your car insurance cover it? They would cover the repairs if a window was broken etc.

Get an AMA membership. It would be covered under them. (Cheap insurance)

Sadly, My P4 was stolen from my vehicle in Rancho Cucamonga, California on May 20th. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to recover it. I've been watching ebay and craigslist on a daily basis and so far nothing has shown up.
Awww, that just sucks. Sorry bro.

People are saying that some insurance plans like state Farm offers it for $60/year with no deductibles
It's up to the underwriter and I even tried to get it covered out of state to no avail.

Ive tried like 4 state farm agents in California to no avail yet. If you find one that will do it, let me know.

Not to split hairs or play semantics but its not a felony until its above $4000 in fraud. Below that is a Class A Misdemeanor with a class X and able $1000 goes up to a level 2 or 3 class A misdemeanor. But it's a felony if the fraud exceeds $4000. In California anyhow, and to the lawyers out there, I probably messed up the verbiage but from a quick look those are the levels for insurance fraud.

Big difference as you are talking about possible jail time with a felony vs. unlikely jail time unless you have a habit of breaking the law.

Either way, yes, he is right, and I thought the same when I read it but kept my mouth shut.

Committing insurance fraud is a very dangerous thing to do if you like your liberty.

Not to split hairs or play semantics but its not a felony until its above $4000 in fraud. Below that is a Class A Misdemeanor with a class X and able $1000 goes up to a level 2 or 3 class A misdemeanor. But it's a felony if the fraud exceeds $4000. In California anyhow, and to the lawyers out there, I probably messed up the verbiage but from a quick look those are the levels for insurance fraud.

Big difference as you are talking about possible jail time with a felony vs. unlikely jail time unless you have a habit of breaking the law.

Either way, yes, he is right, and I thought the same when I read it but kept my mouth shut.

Committing insurance fraud is a very dangerous thing to do if you like your liberty.
Good God Adam where do you come up with this stuff.. Class A Class X??? Level 2, Level 3???
In California if the car was locked its a Burglary. If the car was unlocked and the value was over 900 bucks it's grand theft. Both felonies. Less than 900, and the car was unlocked it's a petty theft. Either way make a police report, you will have a deductible to pay and insurance should pay the difference getting you a new toy. Enjoy.

Reactions: dirkclod
forget about notifying the police, how about a nice feature where anytime anyone tries to launch a stolen aircraft motors wont arm.

Definitely File a police report, if it shows up in pawn shop, you have a good chance of getting it back, we see iPhones getting recovered by the owner very often after it shows up in a pawn shop.

My insurance agent says my drone is not covered while in the car parked on someone else's property.

Where do you live; in the US pretty much all home owners and renter's policies covers personal property loss? Maybe your agent doesn't want to help or is trying to save the company money. I'd dig deeper before writing it off.

OK, this may be a dumb question, but did they only steal the aircraft or did they get the remote, charger, and the whole ball of wax?

Reactions: Myetkt

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Where do you live; in the US pretty much all home owners and renter's policies covers personal property loss? Maybe your agent doesn't want to help or is trying to save the company money. I'd dig deeper before writing it off.

No coverage off

Ah, careful what you ask for. That would mean that DJI knows (and is willing to give out) information on EVERYONE. I suspect they already have that if you synch the flight logs. There is nothing to keep them from looking at that data and in fact it is a treasure trove of marketing info. What happens when a local police department wants to check on EVERYONE's drone flights for some presumeably valid reason.

I don't sync my flights just because I don't care for DJI to know about them. YMMV, but DJI isn't a company that I would trust very far.
I

According to The DJI GO APP'S privacy policy. All flight data is recorded and stored on DJI'S servers and will be provided to Government officials upon request. The policy further states that if you ignore the apps safety warnings, the flight data will be uploaded and forwarded to government officials if in the opinion of DJI, your action pose a significant safety risk.

Good God Adam where do you come up with this stuff.. Class A Class X??? Level 2, Level 3???
In California if the car was locked its a Burglary. If the car was unlocked and the value was over 900 bucks it's grand theft. Both felonies. Less than 900, and the car was unlocked it's a petty theft. Either way make a police report, you will have a deductible to pay and insurance should pay the difference getting you a new toy. Enjoy.

You are correct, the deputy taking the report said since the door was unlocked and the property value was over 900.00, it is Grand Theft.

Reactions: Myetkt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues