My phantom 4 has the smell of Ozone after short flight

Reaction score
8 minutes flight , then after landing I smelled the familiar ozone gas smell from my phantom 4
No smell of electric burn or smoke
And the motors are cold,
Maximum smell concentration comes from under surface fenestrated compartment shown in picture.
Just to let you know no crash or harsh landed on my bird and I flew it like 10 times total .

I understand that this can mean an electric arc or circuit shortage, unless it is normal part of operation , has anyone smelled his phantom after flight ?
Please let me know
f5ed17431a954a5b48b085eb18e3d2f5.jpg
u

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Could it be just the circuit boards burning in?

I made another short flight and the bird behaves normal but still has strong ozone smell !

It has a secret ozone generator, thats why the flight times are less than expected. On the upside you are spreading fresh ozone everywhere you fly! :D

I imagine it is just the newness of it. Try again in a week and let us know if your P4 still stinks. :)

I wish I can upload the aroma in this forum , but it is unmistaken smell of O3 . And the smell is coming from the phantom not my socks !!

You ain't cold cookin' meth nearby are ya?

Should I call continue flying it or I should contact DJI ? I guess I am the only one who has this phenomenon in P4

It may burn off after awhile. See if the smell is coming from the battery. New electronics often smell like that.

My phantom always gets offended when i smell her after we fly![emoji41]
Kinda knowing how you fly ya ought to at least give er a kiss db

My ozone smell phantom4 set a record today flying 21 minutes , I could push to 25 but I was curious how she smells after this flight , and as I expected fresh ozone generator mashing .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie