My phantom 4 fell out of the sky today :(

Is it normal to see the prop blades in video? It seems that something is out of wack/
First, the camera has the ability to look up about 10 degrees if you push it that way. In that position, you would see props. Secondly, if you are flying forward the craft tilts the front props down, into the view. The faster you travel the more likely you will see props. Traveling into the wind causes more tilt as well.
I rarely see my props but recently I did. It was when I was returning the craft to homepoint and was traveling forward very fast.

Geo

I was flying my phantom 4 today and at 175 feet altitude she just fell out of the sky and crashed. What is the best way to contact DJI to find out what happened.
8488f1cb260516bc88e9bc3ec6fe8523.jpg
I had the same problem. Dji checked it out with the tool of the path it took. They can look at log.They covered it under warranty but I've sent back twice as their repair has not been good.im waiting for 2 more days before they send it back 2 me again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is a link to the video-cash on my iPad of the flights last moments. There is a wobble and then the video ends at the same time communications are lost with my controller.

Sorry your bird went down. I'm very new at this. Could you have been too far from the remote control?? Have a better weekend

Power seems to me to be the most common thing that I read about here. When it goes the bird,video, telemetry all stop. Preflight we all make sure battery is seated fully but a Velcro strap makes me feel better about it not loosing connection.

Now that would be a video that I would like to see!

I can show u with a 5 inch toy drone. I'm not about to throw my p4 up in the air but conceivably if you could throw it high enough it should recover before it hits the ground. I don't have any idea how high that is but I can take a toy quad and throw it at eye level and hit the throttle while its in the air and it will recover well before it hits the ground.

Last edited:
I can show u with a 5 inch toy drone. I'm not about to throw my p4 up in the air but conceivably if you could throw it high enough it should recover before it hits the ground. I don't have any idea how high that is but I can take a toy quad and throw it at eye level and hit the throttle while its in the air and it will recover well before it hits the ground.

You'd never be able to do it with a phantom.

1. Too heavy to get any proper height
2. You'd need to get decent height because of the time it would take to get the motors idling and then get some movement in them.

Your all silly. All this technical jibber jabber. The one guy who is correct here is the one who stated thst your crash was caused by a bad cpu. Totally DJIs poorly designed CPU board. Don't get me wrong I own 2 phantom 4's and a mavic pro. But experienced the same problem as this fella having the bird just all of a sudden go bizzark. Lost power and fell from 400' and smashed into all kinds of broken parts all over the place. To make matters worse I didn't have DJI care and basically had to eat it. So ya the only smart guy here is the one thst said it was a CPU error.

If the battery was inserted all the way in until it locked in place, I would agree with that. I would have to question how the battery could pop out of the bird if it was locked in properly, even falling out of the sky. It seems to me if the crash were hard enough to break a battery that was locked in properly out 10 feet from the drone, the damage to the drone would be so significant there would be no possibility of even considering trying to power it back up.

Just trying to wrap my head around how that could have happened. Keep us informed to what DJI says. Good luck.
On Autonomous Litchi mission P4 clipped the top of a tree (must have grown taller since the bird last flew this mission, at least that is going to be my story) ejected the battery 20 ft away. The only damage was 2 broken props. Four P4 mishaps and the battery was always ejected. How far depended on terrain, bush, rocks or steep slope. The only crash with damage other than props DJI covered under warranty. I did not have DJI Care. After presenting the flight logs and video on this site there was no conclusion why this crashed.

Your all silly. All this technical jibber jabber. The one guy who is correct here is the one who stated thst your crash was caused by a bad cpu. Totally DJIs poorly designed CPU board. Don't get me wrong I own 2 phantom 4's and a mavic pro. But experienced the same problem as this fella having the bird just all of a sudden go bizzark. Lost power and fell from 400' and smashed into all kinds of broken parts all over the place. To make matters worse I didn't have DJI care and basically had to eat it. So ya the only smart guy here is the one thst said it was a CPU error.
My P4 fell out of the sky crushing the landing gear, camera and gimbal plus whatever I couldn't visibly see. Amazing the bird flew after the crash. I was within the one year period without DJI Care. CPU, Barometer, Compass who know? DJI took responsibility and sent me a new looking bird with 2 sets of props.

There will always be an explanation for a crash obviously lol. Weather anyone can be bothered to actually find it out (dji) is another matter.

I think also I'm learning that there is a great possibility that at any one time anyone's phantom can fall and crash.

My reasoning. After a email to the uk civil aviation authorities ( long story for another time) there reply to me was long wind debut one line stuck out to me and as hard as it is to hear these drones do not have anywhere near the testing, inspection and quality required to be reliable in the air.

Unfortunately however good they are this is a fact. No drone is 100% reliable I'm flight. Now ok for arguments sake nothing car, boat, train plane etc is 100% reliable but you know what I mean :)

They are mass produced and shipped out the door. It takes one single component to fail and the thing will make us weep with the thought of how much it will cost to repair.

It's a sad harsh fact of that once we have spent our hard earned cash we do not have any reassurance we will not have to spend out again.

Anybody know of any rules in costa rica about drones near drake bay any help would be appriciated thanks!!

I had the same problem. Dji checked it out with the tool of the path it took. They can look at log.They covered it under warranty but I've sent back twice as their repair has not been good.im waiting for 2 more days before they send it back 2 me again.
I know people dislike djis customer service but all you need to do is if you have dji care still contact them through the phone and get a letter that asks some questions about what happend then pack it up ship
It in and wait till they fix it takes a week or two but its free if you have dji care

DJI aren't great at giving explanations.
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record and post a link to the report it produces

I uploaded my Litchi csv file, but I don't understand where to post the link. What is 'the report it produces'? I uploaded the file but don't see a report. Thanks in advance for your assistance. My P4 'fell out of the sky' tonight - I didn't change anything from previous successful flights.

I uploaded my Litchi csv file, but I don't understand where to post the link. What is 'the report it produces'? I uploaded the file but don't see a report. Thanks in advance for your assistance. My P4 'fell out of the sky' tonight - I didn't change anything from previous successful flights.

It takes me to: DJI Phantom & Mavic Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com but the page doesn't populate - I've tried both Firefox and Safari..

Please attach your CSV file here and I'll take a look.

Where did you get that CSV file? It looks like a file from Airdata.com.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers