My phantom 4 fell out of the sky today :(

I don't know if you found explications from DJI, but I know a company who sells and repairs drones so maybe they can help you. They have store and all, but maybe you can call them to explain the problem. You can check the website, it's Verydrone

I could not see the drone when it went down. I used the new feature 'find my drone' to locate the crash site.
Wow sorry to read ,,,good to know new feature works,(find my drone) gezz you got nice paint work aswell:oops:

The temperature was 56 degrees. The battery was fully charged at takeoff and after crash it was at 45%. No bullet holes. That would be terrible if the crash was caused by the battery became disconnected . There should be know way for that to happen [emoji37]
If the battery was inserted all the way in until it locked in place, I would agree with that. I would have to question how the battery could pop out of the bird if it was locked in properly, even falling out of the sky. It seems to me if the crash were hard enough to break a battery that was locked in properly out 10 feet from the drone, the damage to the drone would be so significant there would be no possibility of even considering trying to power it back up.

Just trying to wrap my head around how that could have happened. Keep us informed to what DJI says. Good luck.

First recommendation: follow FAA rules to keep your drone within ling of site. Recreational flyer or commercial flyer, you should follow the guideline. The chances of a crash due to birds or obstacles go up rapidly when you can't see your drone.

Second. Vimeo has security settings so that only your video that is referenced by the line can be seen. I would check to see if the privacy settings of Youtube has that feature. It limits the viewer to see only one video ... the one you referenced with the hotlink.

Wow sorry to read ,,,good to know new feature works,(find my drone) gezz you got nice paint work aswell:oops:
Noticed the mention of " Find my Drone " , first time I have heard of this feature. I have a P3A, is it available for me ?

The battery was out of the drone and two of the props were broken at the crash site.
What stands out to me is that your battery had come out of the drone; it snaps in pretty securely and takes some effort to remove. You have to really depress the release to pull it out. Could you have not inserted it all the way? An experienced pilot told me to be sure the battery snaps into place. I can't imaging it would simply fall out otherwise. Had it been properly secured it seems like it would not have fallen out unless your drone was smashed apart upon landing, which it wasn't.

I had my 3 drones insured with a personal articles rider to my homeowners policy. All peril with a $50 deductible. I sleep much better not having to worry about this kind of a situation.

Reactions: macoman and K9VXV
I was flying my phantom 4 today and at 175 feet altitude she just fell out of the sky and crashed. What is the best way to contact DJI to find out what happened.

Back in January I had the same thing happen, check out http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-4-disappeared-today.104605/. I sent in a claim via DJI.com. DJI sent me a replacement P4 but did not give me an explanation as to what was the cause of the crash. I can only surmise that my P4 lost power and came crashing to the ground from nearly 400 feet.

From the time I sent my P4 in until I received a replacement was about 3 weeks and there was no cost to me.

As for the SD card, mine also seemed corrupted but someone suggested I put it in a working P4 and test it again. It worked!! I was able to view the video but it didn't help solve the mystery why the P4 went down. The video just stopped at the moment it lost power.

Reactions: macoman
Noticed the mention of " Find my Drone " , first time I have heard of this feature. I have a P3A, is it available for me ?
HI not sure if dji will put this feature in firmware for upload,,,only p4 to my knowledge,,I haven't looked at others yet...should be on all drones as a factory spec...:)

Reactions: gunner370
What stands out to me is that your battery had come out of the drone; it snaps in pretty securely and takes some effort to remove. You have to really depress the release to pull it out. Could you have not inserted it all the way? An experienced pilot told me to be sure the battery snaps into place. I can't imaging it would simply fall out otherwise. Had it been properly secured it seems like it would not have fallen out unless your drone was smashed apart upon landing, which it wasn't.

I purchased a spare battery for my P4 and was disturbed that it wouldn't "click" into place. I could pull it out without pressing the catch. It appeared secure.
I just returned and replaced it - the replacement gave me that gratifying "click".

I'll tell you what happened, cpu screwed up. It happens, just like when your PC freezes. DJI will replace. Contact DJI directly, you'll get nothing from this site just misinformation like your battery was loose.

Just to clarify. The battery is not supposed to automatically eject upon a hard crash? I thought that was one of the safety features that was being touted by DJI at CES around the time of the older Phantoms a few years ago. My battery on my P4P does not go in smooth at all, almost like the clearance is not correct or something. I have to remove it a bit and then kind of smack it in order to get it into the lock position. I always try to pull it and the props off before I fly to make sure they are secure because I worry about these types of things happening to me.

Just to clarify. The battery is not supposed to automatically eject upon a hard crash? I thought that was one of the safety features that was being touted by DJI at CES around the time of the older Phantoms a few years ago. My battery on my P4P does not go in smooth at all, almost like the clearance is not correct or something. I have to remove it a bit and then kind of smack it in order to get it into the lock position. I always try to pull it and the props off before I fly to make sure they are secure because I worry about these types of things happening to me.

They always seem to eject on impact. I can't remember reading any reports of real crashes where the battery remained in place.

Back in January I had the same thing happen, check out Phantom 4 disappeared today. I sent in a claim via DJI.com. DJI sent me a replacement P4 but did not give me an explanation as to what was the cause of the crash. I can only surmise that my P4 lost power and came crashing to the ground from nearly 400 feet.

From the time I sent my P4 in until I received a replacement was about 3 weeks and there was no cost to me.

As for the SD card, mine also seemed corrupted but someone suggested I put it in a working P4 and test it again. It worked!! I was able to view the video but it didn't help solve the mystery why the P4 went down. The video just stopped at the moment it lost power.
I am not an expert but when video is lost at the moment of a power failure is the battery malfunctioning or not working properly. This is totally DJI fault here and that's why they gave you a new one... No questions ask.

Reactions: Ranch5
Anybody know of a p4 firmware update coming out soon because of the new dji goggles, i heard of some new features that would be in the update like draw fly gesture mode reverse tapfly etc hope it is true

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers