My phantom 4 fell out of the sky today :(

I was flying my phantom 4 today and at 175 feet altitude she just fell out of the sky and crashed. What is the best way to contact DJI to find out what happened.
8488f1cb260516bc88e9bc3ec6fe8523.jpg
I just received my repaired Phantom 4 from DJI. My Phantom fell out of the sky at 291 ft alt and 526 ft distance. I was flying with Litchi. Dji covered under warranty. I did not have DJI Care. They did not repair my unit but sent what appears to be a new Phantom 4. Start your warranty process here. DJI Repair Service Center. They will ask for everything they need. I sent a lot of info and pictures that they didn't ask for. DJI sent a return shipping label and then you will get updated emails can follow the repair process online. You can PM me for any additional into. Good luck.

The drone dose power up and it did fix the video file. Now got the hd footage but it is the same as the iPad cashed video. Thanks for the tip though!

The drone dose power up and it did fix the video file. Now got the hd footage but it is the same as the iPad cashed video. Thanks for the tip though!

That almost certainly means that it suffered sudden power failure in the air, leading to immediate cessation of video, telemetry and lift. If it still powers up then that suggests that possibly the battery disconnected. Was the battery in, or close to, the aircraft when you found it? Does that battery still work?

I just received my repaired Phantom 4 from DJI. My Phantom fell out of the sky at 291 ft alt and 526 ft distance. I was flying with Litchi. Dji covered under warranty. I did not have DJI Care. They did not repair my unit but sent what appears to be a new Phantom 4. Start your warranty process here. DJI Repair Service Center. They will ask for everything they need. I sent a lot of info and pictures that they didn't ask for. DJI sent a return shipping label and then you will get updated emails can follow the repair process online. You can PM me for any additional into. Good luck.
My Phantom 4 didn't lose power because the props cut off some twigs on a bush. It ejected the battery on impact and crushed the landing gear and gimbal. I lost signal at 152 ft alt and 526 ft away. Healthy Drones showed a crazy zig zag path on the way down. DJI didn't say what caused the crash. So what caused it to crash?

Sorry for the crash, I dont think you did anything wrong, DJI should repair this without a question.

The battery was out of the drone about 10 feet away and the battery still works.

I'm leaning towards loss of power due to loose battery/power connection. The total loss of video and telemetry in midair, with none up to point of impact points in this direction.

Just a thought, perhaps in a future design DJI might want to incorporate a different latching system for the battery that might include a visual confirmation cue that battery is positively locked in place.

Last edited:
My Phantom 4 didn't lose power because the props cut off some twigs on a bush. It ejected the battery on impact and crushed the landing gear and gimbal. I lost signal at 152 ft alt and 526 ft away. Healthy Drones showed a crazy zig zag path on the way down. DJI didn't say what caused the crash. So what caused it to crash?

You haven't posted any data, so it's difficult to say what might have happened to yours. In the case of the OP here though, it was clearly power loss.

Hi there
Sorry about your loss
Seems like total loss of power
Was it very cold on that day?
Maybe a very sudden drop in voltage
Was the battery fully charged before the flight or where sitting fully charged for a few days before
Maybe got already into auto discharge without noticing
The other reason could be a lose battery
Funny how you see the batterys almost always dislodged on every crash
One final thought
Any bulletholes?

The temperature was 56 degrees. The battery was fully charged at takeoff and after crash it was at 45%. No bullet holes. That would be terrible if the crash was caused by the battery became disconnected . There should be know way for that to happen [emoji37]

The temperature was 56 degrees. The battery was fully charged at takeoff and after crash it was at 45%. No bullet holes. That would be terrible if the crash was caused by the battery became disconnected . There should be know way for that to happen [emoji37]

Have you contacted DJI yet buddy?

You haven't posted any data, so it's difficult to say what might have happened to yours. In the case of the OP here though, it was clearly power loss.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Mine was clearly was not power loss. On impact the props were spinning with enough power to cut off twigs on a bush. Check out the crazy flight path On the way down. Also notice a wind gust of 19mph at the 3:59 time. On impact it flipped over ejecting the battery. Four crashes, 4 ejected batteries. Maybe DJI designed to eject on crash to prevent further damage. This is the only crash that damaged the aircraft other than props. Now that you have the data why did it crash?

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Mine was clearly was not power loss. On impact the props were spinning with enough power to cut off twigs on a bush. Check out the crazy flight path On the way down. Also notice a wind gust of 19mph at the 3:59 time. On impact it flipped over ejecting the battery. Four crashes, 4 ejected batteries. Maybe DJI designed to eject on crash to prevent further damage. This is the only crash that damaged the aircraft other than props. Now that you have the data why did it crash?

You don't appear to be a registered Airdata user, and so the detailed logs (csv) and kml files are not available. Nothing useful to be seen without those.

Sorry but I am a registered Airdata user. I get all the data I need when I click on the link provided. What data do you not seem to get?

Sorry but I am a registered Airdata user. I get all the data I need when I click on the link provided. What data do you not seem to get?

I'm not seeing the download csv and kml file links. They are visible to you? You will have to enable them in the "what to share" settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4