My Phantom 4 crashed suddenly

Reaction score
Hello,
on my Phantom I got an error message (IMU calibration needed). So I calibrated the IMU.
Then I took it out for a flight. But I had to wait for a while because it said "Aircraft Warming Up".
Then finally I could start, first in Atti Mode (because no GPS next to my house), then later it got GPS and hovered. Suddenly the controller showed "Aircraft Warming Up", so I wanted to land the bird. But I was unable to, because it suddenly started spinning around and fell down from 40 meters height directly onto the street in front of my Hosue. It basically just decided to fall with no prewarning.
It crashed on the street so hard, that a motor flew off. The camera was 20 meters away and the battery was bent and squeezed outside of the drone. Everything came apart. The gimbal holder was ripped out of the drone and a bunch of circuit boards from insdie were ripped out aswell.
I will add the flight logs.

Does anyone know what happened and what to do?

Attachments

• 2016-11-03 20_45_50.dat
    427 bytes · Views: 209
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Shows P-mode in all of your text file. I'd think it should show ATTI-mode if you say you started that way. Going into P-mode for the GPS secondly I don't know and maybe why it did another "Warming Up" scenario which may have caused it to go out of control prior to it completing that step.

Would a second "Warming Up" also delete the prior ATTI-mode I dunno. Might have to post the file on the DJI forum to see what they glean out of it and what they will do, but sounds like it has to go to them anyway.

After the warming up message appear in DJI GO, your log is showing you ascending nearly straight up another 96 feet. At that point, it looks like either your battery became dislodged, the battery shut off, or the downlink disconnected for some reason.

Contact DJI support for help. They will need to review your flight log to determine if this is an issue covered under warranty. Perhaps the DAT flight log will show more details about what happened.

i had a similar incident with my first drone, a P3P. While taking pics of an abandoned bridge down in the keys of Florida it suddenly came crashing down in a spiral downward motion for no apparent reason, perhaps the dreaded Bermuda Triangle effect, ;-) . Contacted DJI and submitted all the paperwork along w. flight logs. Almost a month later they sent me a brand new Phantom. I had already bought a P4 as i couldn't wait to fly so i sold the one sent to me. So definitely present your case to DJI, all unmodified p4s should be still under full warranty.
Best of luck!

If it is DJI fault they will take care of you. My P4,after pushing RTH, flew to that point, hesitated, and flew 500 yards a way. I was able to find it, because I was videoing at the time. I looked at the video, and made a good guest and to where it might be. It was dark out, I was able to see the light on it, and find it. they send me a new P4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20