My Phantom 3 Standard accidentally flew into my river. What should I do??

Reaction score
I was flying my Phantom over the river by my house last night and it ended up going in the water. I had been flying it for around ten minutes when I brought it bac[WIKI][/WIKI]k over to where I was sitting and had it hovering about twenty feet in the air over land. I didn't command it to go forward or down, but the next thing I knew it was in the water about twenty yards out. It took me a long time to find it and when I did nothing worked. Should I call dji and see what they say, or just give up on it ever working again. Please help.

Last edited:
As always, please look at your flight log. It will tell you the story. That's what DJI will want also if you decide to report it to them.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can upload and view your TXT flight log here. As for repairing it, you can send it to DJI to get it fixed. Be prepared to pay for it though if the flight log indicates it was your fault.

I was flying my Phantom over the river by my house last night and it ended up going in the water. I had been flying it for around ten minutes when I brought it bac[WIKI][/WIKI]k over to where I was sitting and had it hovering about twenty feet in the air over land. I didn't command it to go forward or down, but the next thing I knew it was in the water about twenty yards out. It took me a long time to find it and when I did nothing worked. Should I call dji and see what they say, or just give up on it ever working again. Please help.
Sorry for your splash down.
Should of searched here before you tried to turn it on.
Don't try to charge or use the batteries. Don't leave them in the house or where if they due catch fire they won't ignite something else. Don't throw them away to any common trash.
Sorry for all the don't s, but they are important.

Oh, welcome to the forum.
:)
Rod

Water Related
Standard - Please help

You can upload and view your TXT flight log here. As for repairing it, you can send it to DJI to get it fixed. Be prepared to pay for it though if the flight log indicates it was your fault.
Will they be able to repair it even if it has gotten wet inside?
Thanks again

Thanks again
Short reply, they wouldn't repair it, they would replace it for free or for a fee.

msinger and others want you to up load the log, to see if members here can see mistakes or faults.
DJI is not going to make judgment on the flight data that you would share here.
This forum to me sharing and learning about this new type of flying photography.

Rod

Short reply, they wouldn't repair it, they would replace it for free or for a fee.

msinger and others want you to up load the log, to see if members here can see mistakes or faults.
DJI is not going to make judgment on the flight data that you would share here.
This forum to me sharing and learning about this new type of flying photography.

Rod
I emailed dji and they suggested I send it back to the for evaluation ad repair. Until then I plan on letting it dry out and then will send it. Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

They are able to repair anything. If the repair costs more than a new Phantom, I'm sure they would recommend you completely replace it instead. Or, they might even give you a refurbished Phantom.

I emailed dji and they suggested I send it back to the for evaluation ad repair. Until then I plan on letting it dry out and then will send it. Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

Thanks for giving us an update!
So while it is in shipping you could still upload your flight log to msinger's link!
It should be still on your mobile device (tab/phone).
A lot of us would like to know what happened.

Rod

I did the same thing last week my whole drone didn't go into the water but my camera and gimbal did and it was like it was short-circuited because my Gimbal and camera was just hanging after I got it out of the river I let it dry out for 3 days and when I turned it back on everything worked perfect

I did the same thing last week my whole drone didn't go into the water but my camera and gimbal did and it was like it was short-circuited because my Gimbal and camera was just hanging after I got it out of the river I let it dry out for 3 days and when I turned it back on everything worked perfect
Welcome to the forum!
I started to reply, that you got lucky, but I looked at your other posts.
You should have mentioned that your drone got wet with your new problem. The WiFi signal comes from the gimbal, I know nothing about the pro and or the lights on the pro remote.
Just a thought.
Rod.

Welcome to the forum!
I started to reply, that you got lucky, but I looked at your other posts.
You should have mentioned that your drone got wet with your new problem. The WiFi signal comes from the gimbal, I know nothing about the pro and or the lights on the pro remote.
Just a thought.
Rod.
Its my controller im having issues with not the wifi signal and I got my gimbal wet on July 5th but yesterday I did a promo video for a wakeboard competition and everything worked perfect it was last night when I turned my controller on and noticed there was no beeping sequence and no status light but actually just now I got it all to work again by plugging my controller via the USB into my drone via the covered micro USB on the front of the drone and everthing worked again but when I turned my controller off and then back on again I'm having the same problem

Its my controller im having issues with not the wifi signal and I got my gimbal wet on July 5th but yesterday I did a promo video for a wakeboard competition and everything worked perfect it was last night when I turned my controller on and noticed there was no beeping sequence and no status light but actually just now I got it all to work again by plugging my controller via the USB into my drone via the covered micro USB on the front of the drone and everthing worked again but when I turned my controller off and then back on again I'm having the same problem
Ok, I was assuming it was more recent that it got wet, and this it problem had showed after just a couple of flights.
That's good you can make it work, somebody else was having same remote issues, I will look for it.
Rod

After getting it to work again I was all excited and then when I turned it off and back on again and noticed the problem returned I was all bummed out I'm so frustrated I just dont want to send it away for repair cause that takes to long. If you find that other thread of that person having issues with their controller please let me know. Thank you

After getting it to work again I was all excited and then when I turned it off and back on again and noticed the problem returned I was all bummed out I'm so frustrated I just dont want to send it away for repair cause that takes to long. If you find that other thread of that person having issues with their controller please let me know. Thank you
Didn't have time when I got home, won't be around computer much this morning, I do think the guy sent his remote in, not sure what model he even had, I know I was part of the thread.

Well I can't find the post, I got about hour or more looking. It was on a post about re-linking and he had said that he had to do it every time he turned it on, he may have actually started the post. I may have read it but never replied?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31