My Phantom 3 DBS Mods Review

Reaction score
Just got the ITElite kit installed on my Phantom 3 today. I was pretty impressed with this kit. To be honest, I did not have high expectations, but it nearly doubled my distance from a flight in the same location yesterday. You can check out my video if you would like to see the flight. I am new to youtube video reviews, so don't be too hard on me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronecrasher
I also ordered one based on what you've said here and other stellar reviews. To be honest I've not seen a negative review on this antenna. I have rad some ppl saying maybe the connectors are not the best, but nothing regarding the quality of the actual antenna. I'm new and only flown my P3P maybe 2.5hrs total and not out of site. I do have an IPhone 6+ but also ordered a 7" Air Neutab for $59. Screen not as bright, or clear and feel maybe for real long range flight I'm better off with the IOS device.
Knock on wood my experience has been amazing, just bought a new 9 series 65" curved UHD 4K and the movies and even the pictures are simply outstanding.
Good luck with your new kits guys, I'll do mine myself which sounds like what your doing. I think the price for install is way way overpriced for what it takes.

I got the same distance out of a cheap set of copper coated windsurfers of Amazon. I had full bars for signal and never lost picture. My P3A RTH on its own due to battery running down. I'm not saying this in anyway being a smarta$$.
I'm guessing then maybe I don't really don't need to spend any money on the itelite system unless I were wanting to spend extra money on battery mods so I can go further. I don't fell comfortable doing that. I guess the itelite system comes in handy if you have lots of interference around you.
a79b78148356082edfc28ba69a4a81d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now do that over land, with trees, houses, hills......

Going down the beach is nothing...............

Just saying.....

Phantom 3 pro and advanced can already go over three miles with a stock remote zero mods. I thought it was evident. I'd like to see how the crazy looking modded remote work in a town or right up against some trees. If it can still go miles away I mite consider getting one.

Now do that over land, with trees, houses, hills......

Going down the beach is nothing...............

Just saying.....

Two and three story Beach houses with wifi, kites flying high , coast guard helicopters flying low, cell towers, huge power lines, sand dunes, sea gulls everywhere, trying to make it out of the sand without getting stuck, lots of people asking questions and starring, drone flying back over the houses and highway because the wind picked up, more wind then in the city or out in the countryside ..............
[emoji3][emoji1360] plenty of obstacles near the ocean also. Have a nice day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I like the "warm & fuzzy" I get from the knowledge that some very smart guy decided to follow up with DJI™ masterpiece they call "LightBridge" and basically tweak it with hard testing, hardware and hard work.
Throughout history we've learned the first iteration of a device isn't the best version. (unless a 1911 .45 and even they have minute upgrades in the late twenties) I think the time has been put into this antenna mod. What I am saying I guess is that at least those who have a P3P/A or Inspire and this setup has the very best s/n Ratio for the very best signal interpretation/input control receiver transmitter setup one can have. I'll never know the distance my craft would get stock, because I installed a system that's been overtly tested and proven if you believe the YouTube and other biased and unbiased reviews and all the other various forms one gleans from the Intel that's available, I have yet to read any negative on the DBS_02® mod. Except here, which isn't negative either, that is pretty rare in this area, in any area nowadays, not one negative? That almost makes special in the Internet! And so here it reminds me of reading about the software update and how some guys are like "unless it's 1.9 I ain't changing it, that's the best and only version I'll use" except, when I went back and read what peeps were saying about that update when it came out, omg you'd think the world caved in, all kinds of major complaints about the "new" version. So, there is always gonna be "that guy" in anything, and it seems with drones it's even worse, because there are so many variables, unlike say firearms, which has its own "that guy/s" but here we have software, hardware, different version via updates, and it's so important because your $1000-$3000 investment can just fly away, unlike your boat or PCP pellet ect.
I for one am stoked to have just installed mine last night, voided a warranty even. (Ways around that one but most of us know that) I like knowing that even though I done have a P4, my chances of collecting garbage frequencies and possible fly-aways are minimized and most certainly a better connection then a stock Inspire.
So, will I try and see if I can do 6.2 miles!? Most definitely not, will I feel better when I am out a whole mile, maybe 2? Hell yes I will, and I'm a nervous wreck anyway, so to me, getting the P3P with spare battery for $630+taxes out the door with a 45 days return, is totally worth the extra $120 (bought the clean-up Kit) so even at $999 list, is it worth 10% more for the extra testing and work, plus the cost of the actual hardware and manufacturing, and distribution that went into getting the best possible signal to work with the latest and greatest? That's up to everyone for their own self. For me it was like 1/6th the price so even steeper, and still I feel it's worth it. Of course there are detractors here, it is a forum to exchange ideas after all, and this is my way too long $.02
We all have the right to our opinion, and this is a great place to express it. I think those doeheads in Middle East and the crazy fanatics need to pick up a hobby, like quads or even quad racing, of course they may put AKs on it, or at least when arguing whether a DBS™ mod makes sense someone would get killed in a coward attack.
I digress I am off note and topic. Just stating how just because we have different views certainly doesn't mean anything else. The guys I may disagree with here may help me on another page with a software question (or maybe they won't lol) but it's good to discuss these opinions, who knows, maybe something somebody else said here made a "hater" change his mind
As a newbie to this type of RC (been flying planes (nitro) helicopters (electric only) and trucks and road track nitro mostly and a couple greener DC types I can attest to the importance of a solid performing antenna system. The stock DJI™ Is no slouch, but your basically getting a bigger, stronger longer handled net, with smaller holes vs the smaller net that still works, just not as well, simplified analogy but it works. Now if I have a flyway in next few weeks, or ever really, if I am not too mad, and embarrassed I'll have to come here and eat crow. Oh man I hope it doesn't. Lol biggest fear period. A motor dropping out, you can still start repairs, you guys know what I mean, to be totally gone is worse then Almost 100% broken.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj