MY PHANTOM 3 CRASHED with ZERO RECOVERY

How did u get the footage of the bird wasn't recoverable?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello folks,

Hope you guys have a great time with your drones.. Today wasnt for me.. The judgement day has come. I went out out for a flight, not much wind at all. It was my poor judgement.. I was flying under neath 2 bridges. As I flown by, I thought I cleared the clearance... Boy I was mile ahead wrong. From where I was standing is hard to judge. Oh well......With out further ado.. Here is the footage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let's see... you fly under a bridge or structure that has metal reinforcement with a bird that depends on radio frequencies for control and video. And you somehow don't have control any more. Hmm... What might be a cause? The dramatic soundtrack was impressive though.

What a same. P3 is a nice bird. I sorta figured when came under the bridge it was climbing too soon. Did not clear the bridge enough to begin acent.
Hello folks,

Hope you guys have a great time with your drones.. Today wasnt for me.. The judgement day has come. I went out out for a flight, not much wind at all. It was my poor judgement.. I was flying under neath 2 bridges. As I flown by, I thought I cleared the clearance... Boy I was mile ahead wrong. From where I was standing is hard to judge. Oh well......With out further ado.. Here is the footage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let's see... you fly under a bridge or structure that has metal reinforcement with a bird that depends on radio frequencies for control and video. And you somehow don't have control any more. Hmm... What might be a cause? The dramatic soundtrack was impressive though.
In all fairness to the OP, his explanation of the events did not include signal loss. He made the mistake of ascending too soon....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bob8619
Great shots! Even the shots before the unfortunate event are great!
SO sorry to see/hear of your loss though! It was painful to watch.
The music is a great addition also.

I must say, that was a very gutsy attempt that resulted in an excellent video. I just hate that you ascended maybe a foot or two short before clearing the second foot bridge. Otherwise, that was a great flight.

Best of luck to you. You definitely have what it takes to be a great aerial photographer -- no fear. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic