My Phantom 2's

Reaction score
just thought i'd share pictures of my Phantom 2's. I've had the normal one for well over a year now & slowly been gaining weight with the extra's. I always wanted another just to mess with & not bother with the camera/gimbal, so when a cheap secondhand one came up recently I snapped it up, I've even removed the legs off it to get it as light as possible. It has got a GoPro mount stuck underneath for my Session. I'm hoping Project Light Weight will be able to break 60mph, just waiting on a Flytrex lead so confirm the speed

IMG_4270_zpspjpjccj9.jpg

not having FPV has led to a few close calls already lol

Awesome but Dangerous flying
completely agree, i wouldn't dream of even using it around anyone other than myself & people i know with common sense & knowledge (other chap is a fellow P2 owner/flier). Shows how much space it needs to slow down from a speed run

Reactions: peterepeat69
i don't even recall flying my other one without FPV, but yeh going back to flying by sight isn't easy. I normally fly with a group of us, so i've been using them to check on my position (& i'm normally miles away from where i think i am lol)

I've been flying for 8 months with no fpv... it's hard isn't it! :D Have been in some heart-pumping situations.

I just started flying my p2 with no fpv, and only 2 weeks in i clipped the very top of a tree and sent it tumbling down. It survived but I trashed 2 rotor blades, my zenmuse gimbal, and a landing gear (plus some shell scars) flying Los will definitely take some getting used to

Reactions: p fandango
hope the damage isn't too serious. Light Weight isn't intended for filming so not bothered about FPV, its just for close flying & a bit of speed

I just started flying my p2 with no fpv, and only 2 weeks in i clipped the very top of a tree and sent it tumbling down. It survived but I trashed 2 rotor blades, my zenmuse gimbal, and a landing gear (plus some shell scars) flying Los will definitely take some getting used to

Well you're finding the ugly truth about RC flight that there's no depth perception whether or not you have FPV or flying VLOS at a distance.

although i like the look of the carbon legs my retracts turned up yesterday, i'm going to use aftermarket taller legs. Hopefully get round to fitting them tonight & see how well they work

IMG_3919_zpsv8ttbkoy.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr