Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

My Phantom 2's

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by p fandango, Mar 29, 2016.

1. p fandango

just thought i'd share pictures of my Phantom 2's. I've had the normal one for well over a year now & slowly been gaining weight with the extra's. I always wanted another just to mess with & not bother with the camera/gimbal, so when a cheap secondhand one came up recently I snapped it up, I've even removed the legs off it to get it as light as possible. It has got a GoPro mount stuck underneath for my Session. I'm hoping Project Light Weight will be able to break 60mph, just waiting on a Flytrex lead so confirm the speed

[​IMG]

not having FPV has led to a few close calls already lol

2. peterepeat69

Awesome but Dangerous flying

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. p fandango

completely agree, i wouldn't dream of even using it around anyone other than myself & people i know with common sense & knowledge (other chap is a fellow P2 owner/flier). Shows how much space it needs to slow down from a speed run

peterepeat69 likes this.
  4. Baldrick

I've been flying for 8 months with no fpv... it's hard isn't it! :D Have been in some heart-pumping situations.

p fandango likes this.
  5. p fandango

i don't even recall flying my other one without FPV, but yeh going back to flying by sight isn't easy. I normally fly with a group of us, so i've been using them to check on my position (& i'm normally miles away from where i think i am lol)

6. cjac2879

I just started flying my p2 with no fpv, and only 2 weeks in i clipped the very top of a tree and sent it tumbling down. It survived but I trashed 2 rotor blades, my zenmuse gimbal, and a landing gear (plus some shell scars) flying Los will definitely take some getting used to

p fandango likes this.
  7. p fandango

hope the damage isn't too serious. Light Weight isn't intended for filming so not bothered about FPV, its just for close flying & a bit of speed

8. jason

Well you're finding the ugly truth about RC flight that there's no depth perception whether or not you have FPV or flying VLOS at a distance.

9. p fandango

although i like the look of the carbon legs my retracts turned up yesterday, i'm going to use aftermarket taller legs. Hopefully get round to fitting them tonight & see how well they work

[​IMG]